1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Target Shooting in Utah

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 391 SL, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 SL

391 SL Member

I am looking for gun clubs in the Salt Lake City area. I am familiar with claytargetsonline.com but would be interested in hearing what is available in an hour or so drive from SLC. I will have time to kill while the wife is in her meetings from Wednesday August 5th until Saturday 8th. Any clay target sport would be fine to pass the time. Thanks for suggestions.

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Great Salt Lake Gun Club, about 3 or 4 miles SW of the airport.

Magna, maybe 7 or 8 miles WSW of the airport.

Ogden, about 40 miles north on I-15.

Brigham City, maybe 15 miles further north on I-15.

Spanish Fork, about 40 miles south on I-15.

Those are the ones I have shot at. There are others like Heber City that are reasonably close, but I have not been.

I'm mainly responding to move it up for you so the SLC guys can weigh in. Also the website above is helpful.

Too bad you're not talking a week later, or you could come to the Pocatello Gun Shoot - 11 Weatherby Rifles, 7 Rugers, and a Remington 1100 Trap this year.

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

As usual, Pocatello is spot on. I can flesh out the S.L.C. area clubs a little.
    Great Salt Lake now throws on Wednesdays, but call ahead a little before you get here as changes may be in the offing. I think that the small club in Kamas may throw on Wednesdays or Thursdays and its up in the Park City area about an hour from downtown. Thursdays after 3:00 is Magna League night and the place is hopping after 4:30 so get there early if you want to shoot more that a single practice. At this time, I don't know of any club open on Friday. Spanish Fork is a little over an hour south with no traffic and is open Tuesday-Thursday night after 5:00pm. I'm not sure of the rest, so look them up on site Pocatello lists. Bruce

4. rescuemn

rescuemn TS Member

I would like to invite you out to the Tooele Gun club. We are open Wedneday nights for practice and leagues. Saturday and Sundays. We are about 35 miles west of Salt Lake City. Go West on I-80 out of SLC and take the Tooele Exit onto HWY 36 into tooele. Turn left on 400 north and follow it up out of Tooele to the East up the hill. Great Place to shoot and very good people.

5. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. Anybody else have any ideas for Friday shooting?

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clay bird shooting utah

salt lake city clay trap shooting

target shooting location in utah