1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Target Prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolar28, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar28

kolar28 TS Member

What is the current going rate for a truck load (24 skids) of all orange White Fliers? Assume a 100 mile delivery radius. Thanks.

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I would guess they would probably be around between $13,000 & $14,000 but most likely much closer to the $13,500 mark.

3. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Interested in price form Lowry.......call John Caffey 704-302-3979 (cell)

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, they have clay targets imported from Italy for sale, $7.66 for a 90 count case. HMB

5. Cray

Cray Member

hmb: That price comes out to $11.49 per 135. WOW! I thought the "going price" was aprox. $8.39 per 135. Cray

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I just paid for our latest shipment March 20. 1512 cases White Flyer Orange Dome (135 count) for $12,960.40. The targets themselves were $11,264.40, freight $1540.00, 24 pallets $156.00.

For comparison, our last shipment August 2007 was $12,072.40, as were the two before that.

7. swordfish

swordfish TS Member

Our club is looking at targets very closely the cost of W-F is unreal we just paid 9.87 case plus a fuel surcharge.In the past nobody would consider anyother type of target other than white flyerand I think they know that. we have first timers leave when they are told what a guest pays for targets.
    Where is that lawry guy located, are their prices better. The way I look at it if you hit it it breaks, and it should not break the bank to do it
    Attendence is down we need to do something

S.Cooper

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Since Remington got out of the target business a few years ago WF has had little competition therfore their prices have been higher. We went to the Lawry target for this reason. They are an excellent target and provide the competition that is needed in the market place. Lawry is from Canada and they are cheaper than the WF target.

TB

9. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Lawry Guy is John Caffey rep for US located in North Carolina 704-302-3979

10. Target13

Target13 Active Member

To "S. Cooper"

Out of curiosity, can you tell me whom your White Flyer Distributor is and where you are located ?? I am very interested to seek out whom is charging close to $9.40 per case delivered with a Fuel Surcharge.

Please respond to my email address of Murray826@aol.com.

Thanks.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

11. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Please change the pricing in my above post to $9.87 per case ..... please respond back "S.Cooper".

Thanks.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

12. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

$8.57 is the best price so far per case!!

13. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Mr Murray I know that targets that we recently received were close to $10 a box and they were bought in conjuction and picked up from another local club when they ordered there targets. Location is aprox 200 miles from your PA plant.

It seems your feeling that $9.40 or higher might be overcharging?

14. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

pocatello has the best price.

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I'm getting a load out of Web City Mo. the 16th of Apr. I'll report the price then, But seems like the estimate is in line with Pocatello's price.

Jim

16. Target13

Target13 Active Member

To Mr. Newbius:

At your convenience, I'd like you to email me @ Murray826@aol.com the name of the White Flyer Distributor that you purchased your targets from that is near our Plant in PA. Understanding that costs continue to rise due to freight and fuel, the entire situation including ammo prices etc. is really hurting the shooting games. Just like to keep up to date on what is going on in the marketplace.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

17. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Phil ... I'll get the details this weekend and forward them on to you.

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

South eastern Pa. last month was $7.67 a case. Had 19 pallets delivered, thats the delivered price from Pat Geiser. I think he supplies Elysberg too.

19. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Thanks Mr. Newbius for your response - I look forward to getting that info and if I can help out your club to get better pricing, I will not hesitate to refer you somewhere else. The numbers posted seem a bit on the high side, but I do not know the facts.

In regards to the higher prices we are all facing in our shooting, "we" are all concerned in the Industry that getting too high will destroy the shooting sports and participation. Although White Flyer and the other Clay Target manufacturer's continue to see raw material pricing increase (today a barrel of oil on the market was $104.50), despite what many of you might think, "we" in the Industry know that when pricing gets to a certain point, gun clubs don't(can't afford) purchase targets; shotshell ammunition goes unsold; shooters don't shoot and buy new equipment- hence shooting dies off and gun clubs disappear. Believe me, "we" in the Industry know this.

I've noticed in some recent postings on this site and others that threads have been devoted to encouraging clubs to purchase Brand A or Brand B. It is important that there is competition in this marketplace. Each gun club has different needs and more importantly, if run like a business is always looking first at price. Competition is good for everyone and "keeps them on their toes" or should. For this reason, it is important that when you look to purchase clay targets that you don't necessarily believe all you read here on these threads or you hear second-hand from another shooter. Ask questions like some of you do on this forum. If you are unhappy with a Dealer or Distributor, check around with other distributors nearby - each distributor charges according to his/her needs and shopping around can many times save you money.

I am very proud of one thing that White Flyer Targets excels at - that is, "we" give back to the sports thru sponsorships and donations throughout the year. If you added up costs for four color ads in the National magazines; advertising in shoot programs; donations to SCTP; 4H Shooting; sponsorships of major events in all three disciplines plus other expenditures to gun clubs and shooting organizations, "our" return back to the clay target shooting sports is in the six figure bracket on an annual basis. "We" realize that we have a long term committment in the shooting sports and that for all this to work, it has to be a "two way street".

White Flyer's success is the direct result of our quality and committment to making the best clay target available. We got to this point because, you the shooter and gun club, made it that way. Our success is based on you folks and rest assured, none of us at White Flyer will ever forget that.

I apologize for making this into an "epic". Just wanted all of you out there to understand that "we" understand the plight we are currently ALL in. Rest assured, White Flyer as well as it's competitors and other members of the Industry, are concerned and thinking about the same things you are and where and when all this nonsense will begin to get better.

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

20. kolar28

kolar28 TS Member

Thank you all for the information and comments. I didn't think that my original "simple" question would spark such a debate, but this is all very interesting.

Mr. Murray, thank you especially for your comments. I agree that we are all in this together, and to that end I have a question; Is White Flyer conducting any R&D to develop a non petroleum based target that would be less expensive to produce?

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clay target cost

clay target prices

clay targets by the case
price for case of white flyer clays per case
white dome clay targets
white flyer case cost

white flyer clay targets 135 count

white flyers 90 count