1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

clay target poll

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gps, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gps

gps TS Member

alot of shooters think that one target is better than another, so here's my question. give me the pro and cons of the white flyer, midwest, champion or any other target company, which target would you rather shoot, why do you think it is so much better than another and can you really tell the difference ????

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have seen both Champion and Lawry targets hit with shot, get moved from their flight path and not break. I have not seen this with White Flyer.

Pat Ireland

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I can tell when I smash a bio target. The dust is white, not black.

Kinda neat on still, dark nights shooting skeet under the lights.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've shot good scores, and bad, on both lawry and white flyer. I have noticed a number of clubs having problems w/ white flyers lately, and one MAJOR one has switched from white flyer to lawry because of this (detroit gun club). Another local club can only fill their beomat traps half way using white flyers due to breakage problems and inconsistency of the targets. The price difference is huge, so that makes a big difference as well. I could really care less, but I know the club can financially do better throwing lawrys...

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

We tried half a load of Champions.

It appeared we got more "dusted" targets.

Our last shipment was a mix of Champions and White Flyers. We will throw WF for ATA.

The price difference was $1/case now it is about $.50. Not worth bothering about IMHO. I think WF realized they were losing too much business and got more competitive.

The next load (if we only save $.50 a case) will be WF.

Don Verna

6. trapboy8769

trapboy8769 TS Member

at my local club we've used white flyer almost all the time. we've had some problems with the quality of the paint on the targets. but other than that we've also thrown champion but i can't tell the difference really.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I think the target should be one color. The black rim targets can get a chip and if its black you may or may not see it and it gets called a lost. Brighter target the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.