1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Target Competition Unfair!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Think about this for a few minutes! Clay target shooting is highly unfair to the targets, the odds are stacked against them having a fair chance. If they were actual living beings, what is done to them in the name of competition is and would be viewed very unfair and even unsportsmanlike, for examples:

They have no defense against how they are flung outward against their will and fired upon by people using powerful shells with many projectiles from shotguns, some of which are very expensive and a few which are possibly overpriced! They are actually shipped to the place where they will be hunted, packed tightly in boxes with no room to move around and they are very fragile beings.

They are fired upon by people, many of whom are professional killers from Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, and even Ohio. These people train for many hours, some even taking clinics on how best to dispatch of these innocent, defenseless, round, little pieces of clay.

These killers even laugh and brag how many small clays they dispatch keeping records as to how many they do in a day. Many are cold hearted and steely eyed mentally focused with extremely musclememoried to be clay exterminators.

The only defenses these little orbs have is sometimes the wind comes to their aid and helps keep some of them from being obliterated out of the sky. Some of them even hope they get shooters named Hap,Don, or John and pray they don't get some called Big Leo,Ray, Harlan, Phil, Kaye, or Dave as they know what will happen to them.

If they only had a fighting chance! Very unfair. I seem to be on their side lately! Biff

2. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Next thing he will be running nude at shoots yelling, "I'd rather be naked than wear Bob Allen".

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Biff, have you ever been to a live bird Shoot!!! Not to many of them left these days, but there still around if you know who to ask. Break-em all.
    Or you can just start taking your MEDS again and all will be fine. LOL

4. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Oh, that's so sad, Biff. I never thought about it like that. No more shooting for me!

BB

5. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

What makes it really unfair is that some shooters break more targets than others. The ATA should take away some of the targets from AA shooters and give them to me, since I need them more than they do.

After all, we have to spread the targets around.

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I hear that the targets that survived voted for Obamma and are demanding unemployment benifits since you can not throw a "Used" target. The Missed Clay Target Association, whose spokesman "Cletus the Clay" demands that Clay be banned and only plastic targets be used from now on.

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Save the skeets!

(Long-time listeners of Car Talk know what this is about!)

LA in MA

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

They targets I shoot are pitch, kind of a lower class target than a clay. So I don't feel so bad. Besides, the few I miss have a devastating landing, and wish I would have put them out of their misery. Wayne

9. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Biff: thanks alot. Now I won't be able to sleep at night. Just think of all of them I have abused. Think of all of them at state shoots and the Grand.I won't be able to sleep, stay up all night tossing and turning, over sleep, miss work, get fired, lose everything I own. Live in a van down by the trap line!
    Oh I just realized you weren't talking about me, you was talking about BigDon and Haps! Oh my, glad I got that straight. Birdtracker

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's very unsportsmanlike like during the Clay Bird season to killemall without regards to limits! Roosters have no limit, however, the hens, now that's an entirely different situation when it comes to harvesting a limit! Those of us with very keen eyesight can tell right off which gender flies outa the traps! The game hogs kill everything that flies with no regard for the poor hens atall! The way I was taught to shoot trapped Birds, when a hen does fly out, you may discharge the shotgun in the general direction (just to keepem wild) of said hen but you'd better not kill or injure it!! If not for the few of us diligent sportsmen Clay Bird shooters allowing those hens to get away, the big hogs would have to find another species to engage with their ruthless shotgun attacks and tactics!! Thunderous thugs are always getting more than their fair share during Clay Bird season, I'm doin my best to preserve the hen population, just like my friends the Biffer&Don also. Thats my (tail) and I'ma keepin it! :)

Hapster da Harvester Proper - AKA da Fezuntreaper

Birdtracker(Don) I witnessed you harvesting a few hens too many one time too! Back to the night mares for you bub!!

11. biff

biff Active Member

I want it known on TS.Com that I am very compasionate (my scores prove it) as is Hap and Don(Birdtracker)(maybe BIGDON as I haven't heard whether he was very kind to the targets at the Southern)at times(usually) with the little round orange colored clays. But I do hear them scream for Hap while clinging to the arm on the pattrap, they know he tries to show them mercy and don't for one minute believe he will show either sex any mercy or the young ones either....all he does is leave them as black clouds hanging in the air!!

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just think what we would look like if "ate what we shoot".

13. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Evidently Biff has not seen me shoot !!!.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The "Great Biffster" has been inside way to much this winter. Spring is here, I even saw some Robins yesterday after returning from the frozen south. I left a fair amount of "breeding stock" in Florida thanks mainly to the wind.

It's almost time to start the Northern harvest of clay targets.

Don

15. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Biff you have to much time on your hands. you need to get back to breaking some clays. lol.

16. biff

biff Active Member

That's true, I've been inside way too much this winter and I think my head has season cracks in it. Couldn't find my hat the other day and discovered that someone sat on it all through a long meeting I attended! My shot got musky and my breath is stale, my hat won't fit and I'm chasing my tail!

BigDon, do you think they'll let me on the grounds at at Mason wearing my hat for the GLG? Maybe we can get even with those pesky targets!!! Biff

17. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Biff did you have the hat on when they sat on it. i bet that hurt.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bring you and your hat.

Don

19. dhip

dhip Active Member

I Agree,Just send me all YOUR GUNS,,I'll put them in a Safe place so the clays won't be mutilated ans killed anymore

PM me for my address

DOUG H.

20. biff

biff Active Member

Don, I have heard Mason is a great place to shoot and is very well run, I've always wanted to shoot here. Hopefully this time I'll make it, your state shoot is always at the same time as Ky State Shoot!

Doug, that is an idea and a darn good one....Hoewever I am now investigating a rumor that my guns, all of them, have been making deals with all the clay targets that I am planning to shoot for this season where they will miss and let them propagate and multiply!

At this time I am planning to "Waterboard" my Ljutic O/U and get the truth about this conspiracy. It really bothers me that this may have been going on for years without my knowledge and that possibly my guns slipped several blanks in my boxes of shells at strategetic times which kept me from running 100 straights! Snap says for me to quit being so paranoid and just shoot the darn things! I try, believe me, I try! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

car talk save the skeets