1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CLAY TARGET CO-CHAMPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

In one of the most phenominal displays I will ever witness in my life time Leo Harrison III and Foster Barthalow were declared CO-CHAMPIONS after 200 in the program and 900 in shoot off over 4 nights.

I am glad they were offered and took the co-champ because this was one that no one deserved to lose. Also this way it will show up in the history books and forever in the Grand Programs people will be reminded of this performance by two great sportsmen.

In other events Ray Stafford won HOA with 988 Rick Marshal won Doubles and Patrick Lamont won HAA with 399.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ironmen both for sure!! great shooting! ...Piddy...go home

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Great shooting Shooting on your part too Phil..I hope to meet you some day.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

May I ask, is this the first time this has happened?

ec90t

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

For Leo that would be 1400 straight in singles. He broke the 200 on Monday, 200 on Wednesday, 100 in the CofC on Thursday, and then the 900 extras. He only shot one singles event during prelim week, the first day, and had 98.

He had a pretty good year this week!

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Congrats, Leo...after running 200 in the CTC umpteen times, this is well-deserved.

Sparta is the magic land for yet another trapshooting great.

7. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

When I grow up I want to shoot just like them..............Great!!shooting

GS

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Wow, simply amazing!

But I do have to bring up the 3-hole targets. Should somebody REALLY be able to tie in a shoot off after 900 targets? It seems like ATA Targets are for cupcakes!

Please understand that I am not discounting what these two shooter accomplished, I am just stating my opinion on how perhaps the targets may need to be a bit more difficult to hit.
    -Trappy

9. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Trappy..when you run 900 come back and let us know how the tragets are, until then keep a lid on it.

Jim

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Foster and brother Matt are from our club here, Rapid City Trap Club, Rapid City SD.

Whiz

11. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Trappy,

Get a life. You promised you were leaving and now you are back. I'm with Jim, when you run 900 straight I will be interested in what you have to say about the targets.

Thanks Phil, for reporting that, a truly amazing feat.

Jerry

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ditto.....

Jim

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I don't know if this is the same event, but at the 1961 Grand, Dan Orlich and George Snellenberger were crowned co-Champion of Champions after three days of shooting with a 500x500. Congratulations to Leo and Foster. Wayne

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

THIS IS SIMPLY AWESOME. History in the making. D class shooter WHO. LOL Does mean they both get rings?

15. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

How About the shootoff for 99's in the Parliament Coach event???!!!!!!!

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Awesome shooting coach Leo! I know you have been looking to add this revered title to your long list of acomplishments. Best wishes for you and Trapwife.

Shannon

Trappy, it has taken the best shooter in the world 40 years to acomplish this feat. How many ATA hundreds have you run?

17. C1

C1 Member

Leo is a nice guy but please don't forget Foster.

Have you guys forgot that Foster broke all the singles in the prelim days. If my count is correct that is 1600 straight.

Foster is a very nice young man and sportsman as well as a great shot. AND he is from South Dakota a state that also fields Tim Reed, Fred Nagel and a host of other fair shooters.

Gary Riecke

18. arnie2

arnie2 TS Member

Congrats to both Foster and Leo.

19. bas

bas Member

As Phil stated...this was a truly phenomonal feat! It's hard to believe they could continually "pound" targets - over that length of time and shooting the other program events, also. And for those who have attended the Grand, you know, shoot off nights can get very long. Great mental discipline in addition to shooting and physical ability. Congratulations to both Grand American Clay Target Champions!

20. biff

biff Active Member

I want to congratulate Bobby Hubble of Indiana who was in the final 4 of this shootoff! I'm not sure when he went out as I didn't see who went past 350 extras, they were all sending "smoke signals"! Great shooting Bobby! Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.