1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Shooting in the Movies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

In another thread someone had mentioned a recent Andy Griffith episode which portrayed Skeet Shooting - I hadn't seen a thread such as this in some time. Have any favorite movies which depict Skeet or Trap - I'll start off the discussion...

The Green Berets - John Wayne & General Westmoreland call "pull" a few times and shoot some clay birds...

Jay

2. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

My favorite, Mel Brooks, History of the World as the king of France "peasant shooting". "It is good to be King!"

3. break25

break25 TS Member

Have you ever seen Bourges Meridth ( NEED SPELL CHECK) when he was being trained to be a Aerial Machine Gunner? They had him hitting Clays from a moving Duce $ a Half with a Mod 12. I think Dane Clark was also in the movie?

Chazz

4. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

James Bond movie ( I forget which one) where he shoots from the hip and breaks the bird and states "Hmm, I guess it's not that difficult after all" (or something like that).

Hawk,

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Dr. T and the Women" with Richard Gere. A VERY bad movie about a wealthy obstetrician (chick flick my wife wanted to see.) There is a scene where he and his buddies are out hitting golf balls, then trying to hit the golf balls with shotguns.

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The Burgess Merideth movie was historicly correct that is how arial gunners in each service where trained. They say if you look at arial photos of Yuma AZ you can find the training range that had the track and towers.

Ronbo

7. richrob

richrob TS Member

"Secondhand Lions" the uncles buy a trap thower from a traveling salesman. -
    Rich

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Beverly Hillbilly's ,Funny as He77. Jeff

9. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

you wn't believe this but in the animated film from Disney "Hercules" James Woods' charaerter Hades is blowing off steam by trap shooting...you see himstanding on the side of a cliff and he yells "pull" and one of his little henchmen throws a "Hercules" plate in the air and he shoots it....pretty cool...

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I met Bob Stack in 1998 at the Pachmyer Shooting Complex (Now Trible B) he was out shooting skeet with a friend. Bob was the 20 GA World Champion in the late 30's and is a member of the NSSA HOF. A great american!

ronbo

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the "Peasant Shooting" bit in History of the World Part 1 is at the top of my list.....but then I'm twisted and love "Monty Python" and "Fawlty Towers" too.

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Hawk57:

Thunderball - I think they're shooting into the ocean, right?!

Jay

13. grouper

grouper TS Member

Anybody remember the excellent Who rockumentary "The Kids are Alright" from circa 1979? There is a scene where the late John Entwhistle (bass player) is seen walking thorugh his mansion collecting gold records off his walls. The next scene he is outside with a shotgun yelling "pull". A gold record would fly through the air and he would shatter it with a blast from his shotgun. As I rmemember, I think he missed the last one.

Cool scene, cool movie.

Grouper

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

Spitter...

The John Wayne clip of him Skeet shooting was shot at Ft. Benning in 1967. The Col with him was the head of the AMU at that time not Westmorland. I have shot numerous time on this range and will be there next weeked for the Zone Trap Shoot. I have suggested on numerous occasions for shooters to l look at the backgroud in this clip. All the trees have grown up and you can no longer see the main post. Its would be far easier to see a target then as it is today.

Interesting comments from all.

TB

15. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

In the movie "What a girl wants" a young girl goes to England to meet her father. The Father's mother speaks to the girl while shooting birds being thrown from a manual floor thrower. The sad thing is that the Grandmother hits everything BUT the bird. I suppose this was an example of the upper class shooting for sport. It's a good chick flick.

16. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Jay,
    "Thunderball" with Sean Connery sounds about right. I kind of remember Rodger Moore doing a similar thing in another JB movie?

Hawk,

17. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

One of the Jane Mansfield movies had a trapshooting scene with a cast iron thrower.

18. SBennett

SBennett TS Member

In the movie "Overboard", Goldie Hawns husband is shooting "skeet" off of the deck of their luxury yacht.
    Shane

19. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Actually not a movie; but a few episodes on TV of Magnum P.I. showed Higgens busting a few targets on the Robin Masters estate. Did anyone ever find out who Robin Masters was. Was it Higgens?? Ed

20. black lab

black lab TS Member

How about Denise Richards in Wild Things. If I remember right she is shooting some clays in her backyard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
any movie where rhey are shooting skeet
movies with trap shooting
shotguns used by bronson to shoot trap in the mechanic
skeetshootingmovies
trap machine in second hand lions movie

trap shooting movies

trap thrower featured in secondhand lions

who was shooting clay pigions with john wayne in the green berats