1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

clay dot recipe help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike680, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike680

mike680 Member

Looking for a recipe for singles. WinAA hull, cb1100 1oz wad, cheddite primer.
    Alliant does not show anything for clay dot powder in this combo. Does anyone have a good load to share.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

17 gr.s should give you about 1200 fps. I have been using this load for about a year.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Alliant has often offered that data for Hodgdon Clays can be used. reduce accordingly and work loads up.

17 gr's is a good starting point. also try 16.5 gr..

4. ring3

ring3 Member

I like 17.5 gr. of Clay Dot with your components. You might see your crimps "tent" up using Win HS hulls and the CB-1100-12 with 1 ounce loads. Fit works good in older Win compression hulls.

I am shooting Win HS hulls, Win209 primers, CB-1100-12 wads, 17.5g. Clay Dot, 7/8 oz. WCM shot. Home chronos at ~1225fps, stack height is perfect and I've ran many 16y 25's using them.

5. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

AA hulls, CB1100, Fiocchi 616, Clay Dot 16.5 grs, & 1oz #8s is very soft shooting, probably around 1150 fps. Chichay

6. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

You can email Alliant and get the load pressure and anything you need including cheddite primers. Primers will effect the load pressure. Any load.

Using this forum for reload is sketchy at best. Most posters mean well, but verify any load you are going to shoot with people next to you on the line.

I shoot the same powder and the same primer but I will not post the values of any component. Except I like the green DR-XL-1 wads.

If you can't hit em with 1 oz, what is another 1/8 gonna do for ya? Just a bigger miss. I think you are right on for shooting 1 oz loads.

Email them and get your load.

Kenny U

7. BigM-Perazzi

PC Police, strike again......

8. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

As for PC POLICE:

Load as you want, just don't shoot by me or my kid.

If you got a problem with that PM ME
    I am from MICHIGAN.

It is about being safe.

This is for other people reading it, what if some person posted that they put some odd number in the load and somebody read it.....then loaded something stupid.

Stupid stuff happens because people are stupid, even if they do not know it...

Not all people are stupid, but a lot of them are.

I am sorry if this offended you but get a real verified recipe. Not one that this guy told me about.

All the things I have read here are on the mark, but dammit man, be safe.

Who knows who posts what ever.

Kenny U.

9. mike680

mike680 Member

Thanks for the help gentleman. Kenny your advice is well taken and I will email them.
    Thanks Mike

10. Kolar233

Kolar233 TS Member

Different question, same powder. Is Claydot as effected as Clays is in cold weather ?

11. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

When Promo started to give me bloopers in the super cold weather, I switched to Clay Dot and the bloopers disappeared. Chichay

12. lesharris2305

lesharris2305 TS Member

I shot Claydot all winter here in N.E Penna. I did not have any ignition problems with Win,Fed209A,Rem,or Fiocchi primers. No bloopers or failure to fires. Right now on my 4th 8lb. jug of Claydot. Whats not to like. Made in USA,cheaper than Clays,clean burning and economical. Les.

13. no powder

no powder Member

I switched from clays to clay dot also and bloopers went away.

14. BigM-Perazzi

Kenny, I've seen many recipes from the manufacturer that are inaccurate and later removed.

When multiple sources affirm a reasonable loading I have no problem with it.

all of the suggestions were appropriate.....even yours.

per downrange and various other manufacturers

cb1100 is substitutable by Winchester WAA12SL wads.

component suppliers, and reloading component manufacturers, have generally agreed that the cheddite primer pretty much exactly duplicates the winchester 209 primer.

the recent article in ClayShooting USA (October) supports this.

now, that gives us several options.

replacing the winchester WAA12sl wad for the OP cb1100 and the cheddite for the winchester 209 we have the following from online published formula's.

ALLIANT

AA HULL, Win 209 (replaced by cheddite) primer, 17.2 gr ClayDot, WAA12SL (replaced by CB1100), 1200 fps, 9460 psi

we just gave him a reasonable short cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
alliant clay dot recipes
cb1100-12 clay dot data
clay dot powder and cb1100 wad
clay dot powder recipes

clay dot recipes