Trapshooters Forum banner

Clay delay wireless release

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  traploader 
#1 ·
Anyone have any first hand info on the clay delay wireless release. The club is thinking about buying a system.

In particular range and reliability.

TIA

Jim

#5 ·
Skeet man is right. The voice release can also be used as a manual button if you have a trapper. Usually if we have a couple guys who want to shoot we give one
shooter the clay delay and let him use the voice release for himself and push the
button for the other shooters.

#6 ·
I have both the Ergo wireless button and the voice release system. I find the Ergo wireless button to be great - no dragging around cords. I have experienced no problems with range on our field layout. The receiver sits about 5 feet behind station 4. I had one problem early on when I lent it to another individual. The Ergo switch has a heavy brass nut at the bottom, and the on/off is exposed. The unit got dropped and landed on the switch and broke it. The Clay Delay folks fixed it at no charge, and I now have a plastic tube press fit over the brass nut that extends beyond the switch. If it gets dropped, the plastic tube takes the hit. (Thru inadvertent, dynamic testing, the tube worked.) My tube is made from a cut off pill bottle. I am surprised about how long the little coin battery that powers the switch lasts. I use it 3-4 times a week, for 2-3 hours each session.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.