1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clay Delay Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I am thinking about ordering a Clay Delay system that would allow me to practice alone. (Sporting Clays) What I can't understand is how this device will operate the numerous clay target machines that one encounters on a sporting clays range. Is there something that plugs into each station's cord that signals the machines that service each station? I am totally confused as to how this system would be able to control all of the target throwers that make up a sporting clays course. I can understand it being able to control a designated target thrower on a trap field or even the 2 throwers that are used on a skeet field. Does anyone have any input on this?? Thanks. Ed

2. esoxhunter

JT: What do you have to do to utilize your system on the skeet range? Do you plug it into the "plug in" that one would normally plug in the regular skeet cord? Thanks. again. Ed

3. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

I seen a guy using one at Elk Creek in Kentucky. I believe it the delay was built into the black box that counts the target numbers. I would check where you shoot or practice most often.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I shot at a club a few weeks back that had the plugs taped so they wouldn't pull apart.

A club would have to allow you to detach the cord and plug yours in at each station. Also, the wiring (plugs) would have to be compatable.

I assume you will have permission...

5. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

I use one for our trap range and it works wonderful. Call them and discuss your requirements. There located just outside Rochester, NY

6. esoxhunter

I am a new member of this club; so I don't really know a lot of the shooters. Clay Delay has informed me that they have sold a number of these systems to members of this club. (Blue Rock Sportsman Club-Little Rock, Arkansas) I am going to have to try and locate these shooters at the club. I just thought that there would be shooters on this forum that could give me some "hints' as to the operations of this system. Like I said, I can understand this system controlling a regular trap machine or even the 2 machines needed to shoot skeet. However, sporting clays involve numerous machines and I was just wondering how this works. Clay Delay have sent me literature, that lists one of their products which can be used on the sporting clays range. It just seems that there must be a system that plugs into the cords on each station. Maybe I will call the company tomorrow and they can explain the operation to a "dummy" like myself. Ed

7. GeezerGlide

GeezerGlide TS Member

I have on for practicing alone. You wire the corresponding plug-ins on to the existing wires( comes with good instructions) to match the inbound cords from the clay machines to the shooting station. The delay has 2 set buttons for singles or true pairs, small mic clips on your collar or where -ever, plugs into the delay box. Push the buttons, call / bang. Works great, I paid $110 for mine. Can also be set-up for trap machines also. Jim Poor

8. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

This might be helpful:

http://www.shootingbunker.com/ClayDelaySetup.html

- - Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.