1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

clay aimpoint

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by barnbarron, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

I have trouble hitting clays after they begin to fall. In some games its good to wait till the last moment for the break.

What is the proper lead or aimpoint on these long range falling clays is what I am asking ?

Thank you,
    Barnbarron

2. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

It depends on a few things, one being your guns point of impact, and the other obviously being the speed of the load that you shoot. When I play games I like to use 1 oz loads of 6's at around 1280 fps. My gun shoots 120% high. For me, I have to get way under the target and continue to drop with it. When I was shooting my model 12 instead of covering the target I would follow it and stay just under it and squeeze the trigger just as it started to fall. But like I said it depends on the speed of the load you are shooting and the point of impact of the gun you are using. Hope this helps. I use 6's for all that games I play and I have broke them a few feet off the ground before. They weren't 1 oz loads though :) Hope this helps!

Everett F. Haley, Jr

3. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

When the first shooter misses, then is the time to put a mark on him, but you don't want the third shooter to put a mark on you, so you wait till its low.

Barnbarron

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Barnbarron, while that practice may work once, you can be assured that other shooters will set their sights on you when it's your turn to call! Some Annie shooters consider that in bad taste and un-sportsman like to boot. The real winners won't play the game like that, they break the targets as soon as possible, theirs and yours. Pay attention to ALL targets and break them when you have the quickest chance to do so. You'll be a better shooter longterm for it also. Hap

5. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

Its all in fun and no one gets uptight about it.

Barnbarron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.