1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Classification

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

On page 20 of the 2007 rulebook, there a four examples offerd for 16 yd event classification. What determines which table is chosen?! Is there a "policy" or "rule of thumb" based upon the number of entrants?

2nd question is personal. I earned some yardage for the 1st time... tied w/96 (at 20 yards), but placed 2nd in my yardage group as I had to leave before handicap ended and couldn't stick around for a shoot off or get my punch.

Looking at page 24, what do I need to know to figure how much yardage I earned (1/2 or 1 yd)?

Thanks in advance for helping a rookie...

Jay

2. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Jay, you get an automatic 1/2 yard for the 96 but you get more if second high falls into the table, e.g.: 125 -499 shooters 2nd high score would get 1 yd. JRM

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Contact the club you shot at they will let you know what needs to be done.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Earned Yardage Table is based on high scores for all shooters entered in the Handicap Event without any reference to yardage group. You have to call the club management and find out what scores received punches knowing that 96 gets at least a half yard.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

spitter-on your first question. The examples in the rule book are examples that are widely used but not required to be used. A club may select any one of the 4 examples or simply make up their own classification system for singles and doubles.

Pat Ireland

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Thanks all for your input,

Jay

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

spitter, I left an event early myself, I eneded up with HOA in the caps and my group. When I recieved my payment in the mail I also got a card with the yardage I earned. What I got was 1/2 for 96 1 yard for HOA and 1 yard for yardage group. I have not shot that well since.

8. motrap

motrap Member

maclellan1911 ............ I didn't realize they shot trap on the moon ................ or was it in The Land of Oz?

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

small shoot all the big guns where in new york, blistering heat got lucky. there where only about 5 27yard shooters. the bulk of the shooters where in 19 to 21 yard shooters. I hold a 21.5 yardages only won once only shot 91 or better once,

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no I got punches for HOA yardage group and I though 1/4 yard for a 96, I actually got a 94, just checked ATA site. I also got a good size check, shocking to me. Most of the top shooters where in NewYork that weekend there where about 75/80 handicap shooters with 70% in the 19 to 22 yard range. I will look for the card they sent me. My 2008 ATA card had the yardage punched at 21.5 I would think they would correct any error on the clubs part. I shot from the 19 yard line that day.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

maclellan1911 just a couple of points you wrote "Most of the top shooters where in NewYork that weekend there where about 75/80 handicap shooters with 70% in the 19 to 22 yard range."

Point 1 if you shoot a 96 at a shoot small or otherwise for that number of shooters you get a 1/2 yard unless it is high score and then you get 1 yard. The rulebook says "70-124 1st 1 yd 2nd 1/2 yd" that is all.

Point 2 you said "I shot from the 19 yard line that day." Mac if your assigned yardage is 20yds the yardage all adult male shooters start their careers from the only way to move forward from there is if a member of the CHC(central handicap committee) or EC(executive committee)put you on that yardage or by special review due to a permanent physical handicap. If you did shoot from that yardage without a member of one of these committees assigning you to that yardage the score should have been disqualified.

At the above web address starting on page 23 Earned Yardage all the way through 3 Assigned Yardage Increases on page 27 you will not find anything about yardage for HOA(High Over All) or yardage group.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

classification system for trap shooting