1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Classification ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by perazzitms, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

First, look at the state shoot book. It should detail move-ups.

Second, this is the reason there's the "W/T" column on your average card. VERY FEW shooters mark this when they should. The classifier should want to know if you won your class - esp. at state. He will put you up a class. To me, it falls under the 'known ability' clause.

Finally, ask yourself how many 'C Class' trophies do you really want?

2. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

To Perazzi TMS> I think that this known ability is a bunch of BS. Some people seem to think that once that your at the 27 yard line that you should always be there. This known ability seems to be used differently at whatever club you shoot at. They carry this known ability over from the handicap event to the 16 yard events. I carry a card for a reason of being classified. People do get into a slump from time to time. For example Im about a 96 average, but have been in slumps and ended up down into the B class. I believe that if this happens then the, who ever is classifying should go by what the average what your card says. Not just because once your at 96 or better that you stay there forever. Ive seen where if you go to a club regularily and once you shoot good then they want to keep you at that high average, reguardless. I believe that is why ATA has reclassifications once every 1000 targets with out a win. I believe this is why we carry a card and are responsible for our own averages. If not why carry one. My two cents alex Kotter

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I depends on what shoot you were at. they have different rules. If you shoot the wisconsin state shoot you would squad up. For example I shoot my zone shoot today [different state]. I won this event last year, I have the same average as last year....there is no squad-up........check your program.......Call a delegate

GS

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- Again, congratulations on your fine shooting at the NC State. Your classification at future shoots will be based on your average, significant wins/ties, and any very high or low scores on your card. There is much more to classification than a simple average written on a card.

Pat Ireland

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Too many classification "experts" have never sat at a classification table and actually had to do the math - or decide if somebody with a 94.9 average with a few 98's on the card should be in A or B class.

Classification is NOT simply "whatever your average is" on your card. That is THE PURPOSE of the W/T column on your card. If you are classified based on a "slump" then you were misclassified. A few bad scores don't dictate your class. Would you put Kay Ohye in D class because he shot in a blizzard one day and shot a 45 if it dumped his average to an 89?

And anyways, what does classification have to do with the 27 yard line and a 1000 target handicap review? Guess some people would rather be king of C Class year after year rather than move up.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Entirely up to the guy in the booth. Go with it! If you can't take the pressure
    shoot skeet or sporting. No Crybabies Here or sympathy. LOL Bill

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

if you win C class with a true C class average, I would think you would stay in C class for future shoots. Only time I think this should be different. State, grands, zones , reginals. If you won C class this year at the state I feel you must shoot B class at next years shoot. I won D class State 07. This year they where going to put me in D again. I asked for C they gave it to me. I got 2nd place in C class with 94 94. Next state shoot I will go for B class. I hope my average will be a true B or A class by then. I have let the classifiers do there job. I dont think I have ever been classed poorly yet. Even with some wins. I won 2 D class events with 88 and 89. I dont think at that time I should have been put into C class just becouse I won a few events in D. If my scores had been 94 or 95 then a up in class would be exspected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.