1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Flipskt7, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flipskt7

Flipskt7 TS Member

I don't know too much about Classic Doubles shotguns as far as quality or anything. A guy has one for sale here in town and the gun looks decent but i don't want to spend the money if i'm better off getting something else. Im pretty new to the sport and any info on them would would help thanks.

Tyler

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

m201 SxS or m101 O/U?

The O/U is more suitable for the clays games than the SxS, and many feel the CD carry an undeserved premium price-tag for a mid-grade Mirouku.

If you can describe your needs and your budget, post it here and you'll have plenty of knowledgeable help.

Bob

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I would only consider owning one if you could shoot it first to determine the point of impact.

In the late 80's I bought two Classic Doubles O/U's at the same time. I wondered why I was shooting them so poorly and took them to a pattern board, both guns shot about the same, the bottom barrels shot about 15 inches higher than the top barrel. I gave them to a friend to dispose of them for me.

No matter what gun or what action ( over/under, semi-auto, pump, single-barrel ) you should ALWAYS CHECK THE POINT OF IMPACT before buying. If this is not done you could be buying someone else's problem. It's simple, just step back approx. 20 paces and shoot at a stationaly point, if the gun has two barrels shoot each to see if the barrel seperation is OK or not. I would recomend at least three shots from each barrel at the same point, each on top of the other.

Tom Strunk

4. Flipskt7

Flipskt7 TS Member

I believe it is the Classic Trap o/u 101 combo. top single. The guy is asking 2000 for it. I will be using it for trap

Thanks Tom for the advice

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

My experience with the 101 was that the recoil was excessive. Shoot several rounds with the gun before you buy it.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The "Classic Doubles" version of the 101 has overbored barrels. They didn't kick badly. Now the old 101, that's a different story. 2 grand is way too much for one either one.

7. ink ball

ink ball Member

A very good gun, but the $2000 price tag is too high. I know of a 34" top single Classic Doubles trap gun at a local gun store that has a Monte Carlo stock and beautiful walnut in mint conditon for $1195. It appears to be unfired. I wish someone would buy it so I wouldn't be so tempted every time I walk into this gun store!

If interested, send me PM and I'll give you the contact information.

8. Flipskt7

Flipskt7 TS Member

Good to know that the price is too high. Thank you all for your info on the gun.

Tyler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
classic doubles 101
classic doubles 101 trap

classic doubles trap

classic doubles trap gun
classic doubles trap shotgun