1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Class purse???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ring3, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ring3

ring3 Member

Plan on attending my first state shoot. I'm looking over the program and the "Class Purse 50-30-20 Hi-Gun Each class shoots for own money" option has me a bit stumped. Anyone mind explaining this option to me?

Rob

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

This particular option is based on whatever class you are in for the event (singles or doubles).

50-30-20 Hi Gun means that the top three shooters (and ties) in each class, that play that option, will be paid. (Shooters, not scores. Three 100 straights in a hi-gun purse would split all the money (33.33% each), 99s and under would get nothing).

The total amount of money that is available in the purse will be based on how many people in that class (AA, A, B, etc) play that option.

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

You think this is confusing, try to figure out how Lewis is paid out.

Bryan

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

It is highly unusual for the purse to be paid high gun
    Don

5. ring3

ring3 Member

Ok, I think I'm getting it.
    So if the "hi gun" was not stated each class would divide their money 50-30-20% based on the top 3 scores in their class? Ex: 2 shooters with 100's divide 50% of their classes contributions between them. 1 shooter with 99 gets the full 30% of his/her classes contribution and 5 shooters with 98's divide 20% of their classes contribution.

With the "Hi Gun" what becomes of a class where 2 shooters get 100's. I guess I'm trying to understand the "Hi-Gun" since it is included on a few shoots.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Your first paragraph describes a "Percentage" payout.

There are two common payouts: High gun and Percentage.

In Percentage payouts, scores get paid.

In High Gun payouts, shooters get paid.

That's the best way to think of it.

I described a high gun payout where there were 3 100s and they got all the money. If there had been 4 100s they still would have gotten all the money, it just would have been split 25% each. Five 100s would have gotten all the money, split 20%. And so on.

In a high gun payout of 50-30-20, the only way it will pay out exactly as indicated is if there is one high score, one second high score, and one third high score. In other words, there is one shooter with each of the three highest scores.

7. pa pete

pa pete Member

ring3, more better if you can find yardage purse, 50, 30, 20 Percentage. Do not look in PA State Shoot. 16 yd. money gets thin. "Pete" McDonough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.