1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Class purse/trophy question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tal0521, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tal0521

tal0521 TS Member

If the high score in a class declares and takes a special category trophy such as lady, veteran, junior, etc. then the next high score in the class takes the class trophy.

The question is, who gets the class purse money... the high score that took the special category trophy or the next high score that took the class trophy?

I can't find a reference for this in the ATA rule book.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Usually up to organization/club to declare whether money goes with the trophy or not. Should be printed in the program.

Don

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The class winner gets whatever the class winner gets. That is, the program says "Trophy and $20 to class winner." and so he or she is the one who gets them. Both. And the category winner gets whatever the program provides for that victory.

Don says it could be written another way, and I guess he's right, but I've never seen it nor do I expect to.

Neil

4. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

IF it is a class purse then those that play the purse receive their percentage per the program, regardless of whether or not they are in a special category.

A purse is not the same as trophy money.

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Phil makes a good point.

Often times. the wording used in many posts is not really clear, and many read it to mean what they think the poster is talking about.

He is correct since the original post mentions an option not added money. If the OP actually meant added money, the answer would depend on how the program was written, as mentioned in the earlier replies.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

tal0521, via your circumstance above, provided the category shooter played the class purse, the category shooter would receive the top percentage. Class options are seperate from trophies at the shoots I have ever attended.

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I went to the Western Grand in early September and the programs were printed before anyone knew about the new rule for Category shooters. The program stated that added money would be allocated by Class and placement and the Main Handicap Event paid down to 7 places for added money. There was no mention of Category Shooters scores. I bring this up because Shoot Management should make decisions about these new Category rules way ahead of time and also publish what their policy will be for smaller shoots that do not have All American points.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don't confuse added money with class purse as they are not the same.

Don

9. Hauser

Hauser Member

At our state shoot added money is given to high score in class or high score in yardage irrespective of category. The only exception is the handicap championship where there is added money for the resident handicap champion through 6th place. In this case the money is awarded with the trophy.

I’m not involved with the state association but I don’t think this new rule will change how we have done things in the past.

Jerry Hauser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.