1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Class bump up at state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Did you ask your questions of the State Officials?

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

The answer to the question is no. That said, my guess is that there is some misunderstanding on your part. I would think at the state shoot level things would be organized well enough to handle this. Are you sure you aren't confusing categories with classes, lots of shooters seem to use the terms interchangably?

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Were the events they won preliminary and then they won again in the Championship rounds ..? They don't usually advance in the prelims unless its spelled out in the program ... Past Practices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A lot of times this gets over looked as it can be a detail that 'gets lost' in all the record keeping. A good piece of shoot software will handle that automatically.

Sometimes with shooters need to bring this up to the shoot management ... no one is perfect.

5. GASmoke

GASmoke TS Member

Took to the state official, he addressed the issue, was told the move up was done, but the report must have been typed wrong. Still appears the software and information flow needed checking. I will credit that I did get a quick turn on this by the state official.

6. GASmoke

GASmoke TS Member

Appear this software don't do it automatically, brought this up at the shoot, but after initial correction, correction was lost on final shoot report, my lesson learned here is know the shoot program, check the classifications move ups, and notify shoot officials. Then after the shoot is over check the final postings again.

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

GAS, I guess you are right. I'm really surprised this happened at a state shoot, I assume it is a smaller state shoot?

8. GASmoke

GASmoke TS Member

Don't think the size was the issue, but the dependance on the computer, I believe there were some hole in the software that didn't follow or move shooters in accordance with the outlined guidelines in the shoot program, first time I saw this program used at this shoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.