1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Class action lawsuit ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just got rid of our Sealy mattress. we got 5 years out of it. It was a Newport model, was made of latex foam. Started to sag after 6 months and Sealy said it was within specs. I got this mattress because I was told it was good for a bad back. It looks like it made things worse. After looking on line, this mattress and all other Sealy latex foam mattresses appear to noting but a POS---riproff. For 2k, you should get some kind of quality and it should not do additional damage to a bad back.

I'm not looking for any money from Sealy, but they should be made to pay.

Well if there is a layer out there who wants to make some money, this should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Phil Berkowitz

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hardly

No cause of action

You should have returned it within the warranty period

Go see a local lawyer and see what they say-

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It had a 15 year warranty, complained to Sealy after 6months, sent them photo's of the sag, performed their tests. They said it was within their performance specs & would not make any warranty repairs or adjustments. Furniture Land South the seller said is was an issue to be handled by Sealy.

Phil Berkowitz

4. g7777777

take it to their store- and drop it off- demand they fix it

Another option is to file a small claims action against the store- and call the person that told you Sealy screwed it up that works in the store- ask him/her if they told you that- ask them about their comment about this being a problem they know of

Ask them why they are selling known defective merchandise=

I dont think you have a case but using the above- a judge may think otherwise-

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Too late-we got a replavement-different brand & style delivered today-can't wait to get a good night's sleep.

Phil Berkowitz

6. g7777777

Look above about small claims action- it might get you a refund

It would have some entertainment value

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I bought a Sleep Number bed a couple of years ago and now I refer to it as my coma bed. That dude sleeps so well it will make you late for business meetings and appointments:)

ss

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Be macho and fire bomb the seller.....

Curt

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Call a lawyer and see what they tell you. Real legal advice isn't available on this site. Get so real advice.

Bob Lawless

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Had a sagging problem with a Symbol, they replaced it twice, the third one is sagging too. We are going to get something else next time, don't know what....

11. deadapair17

deadapair17 TS Member

I have had a different experience with my sleep number bed. I do not like it at all. I would take back a waterbed in a heartbeat, even a motel bed. I've had the sleep number bed for about three years, and in a month knew I wasn't going to like it. I just hoped I would learn to like it. I bought it while remodeling a house and didn't set it up for a couple of months, so couldn't return it on their thirty day money back deal. A 2000 dollar mistake.

I guess everyone likes something different from a bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.