1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CLASS ACT........GREAT READ

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunfun, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

This was actually under another heading, but I am transferring it to this one, as it is not getting any play. The website above contains a GREAT READ. Just thought more should see it. I hope this works out.......

here is the original post:

It was originally from poster "Webley"

I came across an open letter on the FITASC website written by George Digweed (link attached above – on the web-page click on the red ‘read next’ link in the editorial feature).

We’ve perhaps all experienced to some degree the poor behaviour which George Digweed writes about however I thought his letter was worth reading not for highlighting the negative aspects of the sport – but for bringing to our attention the exemplary behaviour of Mr Rick Mein.

I assume the 'safety catch' incident was in the recent ‘World All Round Championship where there was indeed quite a lot of money on offer.

Regards Russell

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You are right, Lorna. I passed this one up before, and I am glad you brought it to our attention again. I really respect Mr. Digweed's opinion.

For the most part, I see most trap shooters displaying good sportsmanship. There are a few that have not, and that can be disheartening.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Russell, thanks for posting this thread! You nailed the title down appropriately too. My hats off to Rick Mein for his sportsmanship honesty and to Big George for pointing it out. The unsportsmanlike conduct issues George points out in his letter to FITSCA is experienced in most of the shooting sports these days it seems. Granted, it's the one percent of bad apples creating the stir in all shooting disciplines. That same percentage aptly applies to our own ATA participants in my opinion too. Rules are for true sportsmen/women in all the shooting sports, something not adhered to or followed by the one percent cheating element. In my opinion, ATA should hammer that one percent only, with rule changes, not to include the other 99% of true sportsmen/women in a catch-all ruling in an attempt to be PC and not hurt feelings. Thanks again Russell. Hap

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

As Hap states above, it is a small minority that seems to be responsible for this occurence..

I first learned of it in Sporting over a decade ago and in trap, several decades ago. What amazazes me is the fact that the average to excellent shooters adhere to the rules and its the 1% that will dismantle the rules for their own personnal gain wether for money or trophies.

As Mr.Digweed stated, "we all need to police our sport" inorder to preserve each discipline.

I guess their viewpoint (the cheaters) for money I can understand somewhat but to cheat for a win, I don't understand how a person could feel he accomplished something they did not acheive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Lorna, sorry I missed thanking you for re-posting this article! Thank you! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.