1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clark County Shooting Park rules

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted K., Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The published Clark County Shooting Park rules contain this provision:

“Shotgun Range public shooters are required to view the safety video before shooting for their first time.”

This would seem difficult to implement in connect with a large shoot. Does anyone know how this rule is enforced?

The same rules also strictly prohibit resting a shotgun on the toe. Again, is this rigidly enforced?

Finally, there is a requirement in these rules that release triggers may not be used "unless the Safety Officer is notified before loading the gun." This one too would seem to create a real opportunity for problems in a large shoot.

Does anyone have actual experience with how these requirements are administered by the park staff?

Please note that I am not asking for views as to the desirability of these requirements. They are what they are. The question is, how are they enforced or implemented by the people running the park?

Ted K.

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've shot there twice while visiting Vegas. On my 1st visit last summer, I had to sign a release and watch a brief video. I was given a "card". On my last visit a few weeks ago, I showed them the "card" and did not have to watch the video again. If I did not have the card---It's show time!! Gotta be a liability issue for them or their ins. carrier. Same deal at Desert Clays in Boulder. Watch a brief safety video unless you can prove you watched it before!!

3. krau6657

krau6657 Member

I've been to both of their registered shoots and they treat the ata shooters as experienced shooters. They didn't require us to watch their safety video or sign a waver. I shoot release triggers and that was Also not an issue. And for resting gun on
    Toe, I did it and was not bothered for doing so.

4. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

krau6657 has it right. That is how they treated us when we shot the ATA there.

However, we will appreciate it if our shooters at the Las Vegas 1000 refrain from blowing off their toes. LOL

Gary

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Gary, I hope you were trying to be funny, otherwise that was a really dumb statement. Can you back up your concern with any evidence that ATA shooters shoot off their toes by resting their break open, out of battery guns on their foot? Bruce

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Maybe not break action firearms, but there have been cases of those using semi-autos with inadvertant "slam fires"...

regards all,

Jay

7. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

Chill Bruce, that's what the LOL was for.

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Thanks all, for clarifying the situation. This was exactly the information I was trying to get.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.