1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clark County Shooting Park Opening

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Just received word that the new Clark County Shooting Park in Las Vegas will open at 8:00 a.m. this Saturday (Dec. 19th) It will be a soft opening.

2. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Now, Will it be open next year ay this time???

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is a first class club. 25 trap fields with skeet overlays. Pat traps and promatic skeet machines. Nice club house. They also have a pistol /Rifle range. They plan on putting in a sporting clays course in the future. It will be almost like the shooting at the old club with the wind.

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I thought I counted 24 Sets of ranges last month but I could be wrong. There are still a lot of finishing touches but it is a first class facility. You can see it for miles as you drive out Decatur. There are RV pads across the road for the whole distance. The background is interesting. They cut a drainage swale covering maybe 100 yards from station #8 out in front of the ranges. This makes the traphouses look taller than normal. The background changes from sand and rock to vegetation about where many will be shooting the target. When shooting skeet, the high house will be seen against the sky and the low house will be seen against the mountain. It will be interesting for people like me who are color challenged. Ron Renouf

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I get to Vegas 2-3 times a year and used to shoot sporting clays at Desert Lakes in Boulder City--a short drive from the Strip I would bring my shooting glasses. ear protection and was able to rent a gun for a few hours. They are now shut down. Will I be able to "rent" a gun at this new facility? Do they have a Pro shop? I'll be in Vegas in January and would like to visit and shoot if possible.

6. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

Boomer:

Just so you know, Desert Lakes is now called Desert Hills. www.deserthills.com Nice thing is that they are open 7 days a week. You may also wish to consider Nellis Trap and Skeet club for trap, skeet, sporties and 5-stand.

Two places to shoot in addition to the possibility of Clark County.

- - Bill

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Any ATA shooting at those clubs?

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

They will have a pro shop. I understand they would like to have registered shoots in the future. Theyll have to work out any bugs first.

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Interesting to note that the Las Vegas Sun picture of the opening shots shows two guys shooting shotguns on a rifle range. What does that tell us? Ron

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

It tells you nothing. It could have been a set up shot just for the picture or two guys shooting rifled slugs. Don't read more into it.

Eric

11. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The point I was trying to make was there are so many things that are available out there and they put up something obviously faked. Who wants to fire a shotgun toward the top of a mountain? There are other reports of groups having a good time with black powder rifles, shooting skeet, etc. No pictures of folks having fun doing something that other folks might be intereted in trying. I guess I am just thinking of it as a lost opportunity. Ron

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Click the above link for a view of the park.

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11357+North+Decatur+Boulevard+Las+Vegas,&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11357+N+Decatur+Blvd,+Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada+89124&t=h&ll=36.342802,-115.215662&spn=0.008296,0.013733&z=16&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=11357+North+Decatur+Boulevard+Las+Vegas,&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11357+N+Decatur+Blvd,+Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada+89124&t=h&ll=36.342802,-115.215662&spn=0.008296,0.013733&z=16&iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

13. fordtough

fordtough Member

is the desert hills sporting clays at the same place desert lake was? i am going to the shot show in jan and want to shoot some sporting clays but can only shoot on mon and sun afternoon.

14. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Fordtough, same Place, now called Desert Hills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.