1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clark County Shooting Complex Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Little B at BS, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little B at BS

Little B at BS Member

Has anyone shot trap at the new Clark County Shooting Center in Las Vegas? What are your thoughts and comments?

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

A geat facility. Many previous threads. Do a search on "Clark County". Ron

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Beautiful and first class, but a bit stark 'cause it is new and desert and no vegetaton yet. Friendly staff; I recall Mr. Levi (his first name, I forgot his last) being quite helpful and is also a shooter. This place is very well done.

I did not look at all of the venues there, just the trap and skeet area. Lots of RV parking close to the trap ranges. Impressive clubhouse/cafeteria. Another couple, come to think of it, are shooters, work there, and were winterbirding at the range "out of" their new RV and big red new Duramax. I had truck envy!

Only critiques that I could come up with: 1. Only one restroom with running water, i.e., plumbed. Down the very long line are portables only. Maybe that will change. 2. Locker/pro shop area seems small and possibly inadequate to accomidate all during a big shoot.

I suspect this new shooting park will and can only get better as facilities are completed, trees grow, and routines established. It is not complete; more is planned including more trapfields and an international bunker facility.

4. Las Vegas 1000

Las Vegas 1000 TS Member

The fields are excellent with a very consistent background along the half mile of traps. While the cafe and patio seat close to two hundred they are scaled for week in-week out use. That is why we will be setting up a 4,000 sq ft Hospitality tent for our shoot. We will also have extra restrooms and handwashing stations available.

They have built one of the finest trapshooting facilities in the Country. However, it is now part of the Clark County Park District. It is critical that the facility becomes self supporting. It needs big shoots with both industry and shooter support. We are proud that we can offer a great opportunity to do that.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Those Las Vegas 1000 People get my thumbs up for their energy and efforts and forsight. Two Thumbs UP!!!

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do we have to thank Harry Reed?

7. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

No to Harry, say a big thanks to the american taxpayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

las vegas shooting complex