1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification on ATA Relocation Fee...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jevoliva, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Since David closed down the other thread, I wanted to post a clarification on the relocation fee or other misc fees charged at the Grand.

Mark had brought up about state association charging this fee. If an individual state association charge a relocation/maintenance/land/magic pixie dust/unicorn/misc fee, then that stayed with the state association. The only fee that the state or any other shoot besides those put on by the ATA collects for the ATA is the daily fee. In other words, no state association has ever collected an additional fee for the ATA, relocation or otherwise. The only exception to this MIGHT be Ohio, when the State shoot was at Vandalia.

How do I know? Indiana has never had an additional fee other than ATA/ITA fees in the 20+ years I have been shooting it.

John Voliva - 82-04800

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

John

I have emailed Brad Dysinger and asked him if Ohio charged the fee, but I have not heard back from him yet. I would think he would have an old program around somewhere.

Mark Rounds

3. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

It' been several years, and my memory definitely isn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure that Ohio DID put a relocation fee in place when it became clear that the ATA would be moving from Vandalia. Since that was where the Ohio state shoot was held, it meant the OSTA homegrounds would have to move also.

The OSTA relocation fee was for the Ohio association, not the ATA.

Mike Humphrey

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Yeah -- I am a bit fuzzy on Ohio -- did not shoot there as much once I was in college, so all I have to go on is the SubJr/Jr days. I seem to remember a fee the ATA charged the OSTA to use the grounds and the OSTA usually absorbed the cost. But at some point, I think that the OSTA started to pass the fee along. I still don't think it was a "relocation fee" that went directly to the ATA for that purpose. The fee was there for a long time, just most people didn't know about it.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up, John. In 1999 there was no relocation fund. There was a Land Acquisition Fund which, apparently from time to time, was added to from the interest on investments. That is, it was not collected from fees.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.