1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clamp on add on rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ultramag338, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

A buddy of mine has a clamp on style add a rib. I cant find company that makes them. Anybody know? Anybody have one for a 30 remington barrel? I want to see if a higher rib helps. I doubt it HAHA Thanks guys Corey

2. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I had a add on rib from HPI located in washington it had double faced tape

3. victoria K

victoria K Member

If you’re just wanting to see if you like it, try getting some balsa wood it can be found at most hobby stores. Get a couple sticks in different heights like 1/8" 1/4" 3/8" you can stack them and play with different heights to see what feels best to you. We tape them on with black electrical tape and we use the pins used in sewing with the little white heads (cut off most of the pin part) and push it down into the balsa wood and use them for beads. You can go out and shoot a round with the ribs just taped on. Doing a little playing can make a would of difference if you do decide to get a rib, If I can be of any help just give me a shout.

Good luck

Vicki Keen .... Keensights

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Another vote for balsa wood and tape. It teaches you a lot with minimal investment. You can also try different rib angles.

You must also have enough comb height adjustment to play with as the higher rib will force your head more upright.

Don (who now shoots a higher rib gun)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.