1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Shooting Jacket

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ArmyMechanic, Sep 2, 2013.

1. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Do they still make these? I bought one years ago and cant seem to find anything on the web about them.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Thanks

HT

2. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

The gentleman partner passed away and his partner Janet, moved to Ohio an has retired from the business. I have 2 of their coats myself and use them every year!

They were great people to deal with and they they are missed.

John Semprini

3. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

Damn Shame to hear about that. Any Idea on cleaning the Jacket? Can it be laundered thru a machine? Any Treating of it after?

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If it has a Gortex lining, I would not recommend it. I ruined a 10X jacket by washing it. The Gortex came apart and balled up in the end of the sleeve.

Ajax

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have 3 - C/J's jackets and coats and 6 shooting vests from them in various colors, they are machine washable ... I tumble them for a short time and then hang them to finish drying .... I miss my Buddy Craig Duda and Janet Fritch, they used to hang out here in Arizona for the winter chain ... Janet gets in TS.Com from time to time but not very often ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Janet

Janet TS Member

Hey you all, am so glad to hear some of u remember me. I did indeed and in fact retire as the business was a two man operation and sometimes good things just have to end. WPT, I miss you too and Arizona. Craig looked so forward to spending time there. Thanks for the kind remarks.

Yes, you can wash the shooting coat (if lined, take out the liner), wash just as WPT suggested, in cool water and take it out a little damp and let it drip dry. It is not made of Gortex, but rather thinsulate and/or similar material.

I truly love and miss all of the trapshooters and our time (11 years) Craig and I spent traveling to the various shoots.

Janet Fritch, hanging around Ohio (my home town) now and enjoying retirement.
    I get up to Cardinal every once in awhile and if u haven't been there, make it a point - it is a great club.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Janet,

I take it there is no way you can take the orders and ship direct is there, many people ask me about my jackets, coats, and vests any time I get up to the club ... The Custom vest Craig and you had made for me looks brand new and is so nice you could wear it to a wedding ... I thought they all shrunk, but after I lost 50 pounds and got back to my regular weight I figured out it was me and not the shooting attire that changed sizes ... lol .. All the best, I still miss you and my Buddy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

I took orders and shipped direct for a number of years, but delivery time became a problem. Also, to run the business properly and successfully, you need to be out among them.

Miss you.

Janet

Search tags for this page

cjs shooting

cjs shooting jzckets for salr

is there any problem if i wash my trap shooting jacket