1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Civil War Sword

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dolphin77, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hello...I have a sword from the Civil War that I am trying to get a value on...it is a short artillary offices sword in really good condition...I need to find someone to contact to give me an idea of its value.....any help appreciated...Thanks WC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I have a pair of Civil War Yataghan sword/bayonets I inherited from my grandfather.

They were Belgian imports for the Confederacy and fit Belgian muskets.

I found it on the Lion Gate website. They have pictures and description of edged weapons. Looks very professional.

Good luck....Gerald

3. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

0   0   0

WC,
    What you have is a 1832 Artillery Short sword. It is not an officer's sword but was issued to artillerymen for use. Without knowing the markings on the blade it is hard to tell if it is an Ames, Springfield, Mas or a French import. If you check the blade near the hilt, there should be some markings to help identify it. If is is French, value, $300-500, if it is an Ames, $600-800.There are plenty of this model out there for sale,many in very good shape as they really saw little use after issued. Check for the markings and then just google it and you will find many out there..

Van

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.