1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

City to hold sendoff for local Olympian Kim Rhode

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

City to hold sendoff for local Olympian

Article Launched: 07/21/2008 11:48:54 AM PDT

EL MONTE - The city will hold an Olympic send-off for three-time Olympic medalist shooter, Kim Rhode on Wednesday at Arceo Park.

The event will begin with a carnival at 5 p.m., followed by a motorcade entrance to the park area by Rhode and her family at 6 p.m.

The 29-year-old will make her fourth appearance in the Olympics competing in skeet in Beijing. She has won three medals in double trap.

Rhode will be available for autographs for a brief time.

A live performance by the Soto band will be held at 6:30 p.m.

For more information, call (626) 580-2001.

2. cecritz

cecritz Member

Sure wish the media would make as big a deal out of her accomplishment's as they do some of the other Olympians, (Most of who don't even compare)She should have all the support and attention in Her endevor that everyone else is getting. As Kim would say "DREAMS DO COME TRUE". Kim the best of Luck, Shoot Well and Bring Home the "GOLD".

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The city of El Monte holds an Olympic Send-off celebration for Kim Rhode who will be competing in the Beijing Olympics in skeet shooting

Photos:

http://sgvtribune.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=561981

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I wish here the best of luck.I guess Olympic committee did away with Women's Doubles Trap because they figured the other countries were just having too tough a time beating her!!!! GOOD LUCK KIM!

5. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Kim is a real credit to our sport. This youg lady knows what a shotgun is for. I'm sure she will represent us very well.
    Sonny Daniels

6. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

I don't know, but I would guess that there aren't too many Olympians (anywhere) who have never done worse than a Bronze Medal in three consecutive Olympiads. She's got the distinction also of winning the first...and the last Olympic Gold Medals ever awarded for Women's Double Trap. In terms of high-level competition results, she may be the most successful shotgunner this country has produced - man or woman - since Bogardus. -JFW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.