1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

City People Should Stay In The City!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

A neighbor of mine looked out in her back yard here in the country and saw a mama bear with 3 THREE CUBS. Mama was hungry like all beads and started to eat the ladies bird food. She did not like that so she went out and yelled at the bear. Well mama did not like being yelled at and did what a mama bear with three cubs would do. She did the usual jump fake attack at her. Well she looked at that as an attack and ran in the house and decided to let her eat all the bird seed she wanted to. My neighbor did not think she would attack unless she got between the bear and her cubs. She's lucky the bear only made fake attack charges. She said she will not do that again. City people?????????

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think you are wrong ... a true city person would have gone outside and capped off a few rounds in that bears ass instead of running inside like a country bumpkin dreaming of finding a city person to protect her.

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Don't know where you are located Horse Trader? IF there is a chance of anyone coming in contact with a bear they should all know what to do and that is back away and stay the hell away. She's lucky she didn't get mauled by the mother bear. Dan

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

That's a ridiculous statement. They've got a bear problem in urban New Jersey and Corzine is not allowing bear hunts.

I grew up on the northside of Chicago, a far different time than today, but if I hadn't married into my wife's family and ventured into the country, I'd never gotten exposed to target shooting, hunting and fishing.

You have to encourage people to get into the country. Now this example is a bit one-off, but still, it would have been better to encourage your neighbor to alter her behavior for all your sakes, than to berate her for rural ignorance.

Jay Spitz

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We stopped for a traffic jam in the U.P., saw a lady trying to get her pal to take a picture of her with a bear cub, feeding it ceral out of her hand.

Mama was coming, onlookers yelling, she looked pissed but got back in the car just in time.

Moral: Know what you're dealing with or pay the penalty.

Like the Grizzly lover in Alaska that finally got ate.

HM

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

People today watch to much lib TV and Disney. People think that animals are nothing but cute furry things that need to be petted. People have no idea today that wild means wild and that all animals WILL listen to us humans. YEAH RIGHT.

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Sounds like a city bear vacationing in the country. Gave the country bumpkin a warning first. If not taken, snack time. "Country types should stay on their tractors and grow something," said papa bear.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

I know of a little furry thing that it does not matter if it is a country or city (they have them in both places) and it can be either the fiercest and most deadly creature in the world or become all warm and cuddly and it can switch back and forth within a blink of an eye ... yep a most deadly or a most enjoyable little furry friend it can be.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My mother-in-law has had a bear on her property for years. I often come across its tracks, and much more often its scat. It's been seen on rare occasion, and photographed once. It hasn't bothered the livestock or fowl. If it becomes a pest or threatens us, I'll cap it. Otherwise we leave it alone.<br>
    <br>
    It ain't just country folks buying land in rural areas. We have to put up with Commiefornia liberals coming up to even urban areas and californicating us with the very same laws that made it so bad there they fled here.<br>
    <br>
    One thing in particular that cheeses off country folks here is when city slickers take their dogs to the country, and let them run amok and chase livestock. Then they bitch up a storm when Fido gets offed.<br>
    <br>
    Another thing that's ironic is when they buy land and shut it off to hunting. Then complain when the wildlife takes over. Turkeys are one example. The state gets lots of calls from people complaining about the mess they leave and that they're eating all their plants, and want the state to "do something" about it. The state suggests letting hunters deal with the birds. Oh, no, can't have that. Please catch them all and take them away. They're disappointed when they're told no.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian- what planet are you from?

Post something valuable or at least understandable

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS -- I am not sure there are really any country people in Oregon

11. joshif

joshif TS Member

Don't y'all know that all animals understand English? Why bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck speak it. They know what "get away" means. But these bears don't care,they're bad bears. They need counceling,hugs,assurance,love etc. NOT!!!!!! Lead is the answer!

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Brian in Oregon

Glad the bear don't mess with the Fowl that makes me happy.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

foghorn

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

What I can't stand is when the city people distroy their town and or city they are not happy so they move to the country and the problem there is they in time will do the same to that area. Second they get on the boards and or local gov and change the laws so to make it just like what they left and area thats a pain in the ass.

14. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

OK, so I guess you can only live out in the stix if you were born there? That sounds like the American way. I bet all of that land that was bought up by city slickers was sold by a good ol' country boy -- why don't you attack his apparent stupidity? I always thought country folk were the friendly type that would help out their neighbors. Guess not.

I'll still stop to help all of those confused bumpkins that I run into in the city, but you guys have really made me lose faith in the good nature of country people.

--Dan

15. Bob M

Bob M Member

I think that maybe the problem is not with the city people who come to the country and try to get along. Problems show up when they want to change the way the country people live their lives. You want to come to the country and cuddle with Bambi and Thumper, go for it. I think that Bambi and Thumper are great too. I like mine with carrots, 'taters, and onions.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I love it when they buy a house in the winter time and come spring the farmer down the road starts spreading liquid G77777 all the fields. That will clean out anyones sinus but the city folk (now country) want to sue the farmer.

Don

17. Bob M

Bob M Member

How about when they buy a house near a shooting range and complain about the noise?

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "..... the farmer down the road starts spreading liquid G77777 all the fields..."<br>
    <br>
    LOL Describes G77777 to a "T".

19. moderator

moderator TS Member

In Montana we carry bear spray...

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian - you are as clueless as Big Don

are you two still dating?

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status: