1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citroi High Post Invector - Good Gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bilm67, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilm67

bilm67 TS Member

First off, I am a newbie, so please be patient and gentle. I am looking for an inexpensive "all around" gun. As I have four kids at home, I need to keep this as inexpensive as I can, as I cannot afford to buy several dedicated guns at this time. I am looking for something that I can use to shoot trap and sporting clays with that will not beat me to death and something that will hold up to some use. I know where there is an older Browning Citroi High Post 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels and invector chokes. I believe this was their early attempt at a sporting clays gun (it has the standard blued citori receiver with the high post rib and the intermediate bead). It is in nice shape and doesn't look as though it was used much. I was thinking that this might be a good all around gun with the addition of a good recoil pad. As I am new, I wanted to defer to your wisdom and see if I am correct in my thinking or if I should be looking in a different direction.

Thanks

Bill

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

It is not a "good" all-around gun...it is a GREAT all-around gun! You cannot go wrong with a gun like this which will be everything you need for trap, skeet, or sporting. Brownings have a proven design, seldom (if ever) break down and hold their resale value. If the price is right, go for it, put on a new pad and enjoy. Note: check to see if it will take 3" shells - if so, all the better.
    Best Regards, Ed

3. bilm67

bilm67 TS Member

The price on the gun is $999 and I might even be able to get them to come down a little from there. If it fits ok and I don't need an adjustable pad, I will put on a limbsaver pad. I have been working with the firearms sales rep at limbsaver to find a pre-ground pad for my franchi I-12 and she has been super to deal with. Their products are great too. I would think one of their pads on the gun would make any recoil it has much softer.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Sounds like you can get a great deal on this. Anytime you can get a Browning over.under in good shape for less than $1K, you can't go wrong. Best Regards, Ed

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with this gun.

6. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I have one of the first citori's to come out with fixed 30" Full and Full, still my go to gun, a great gun, buy it shoot hell out of it and enjoy.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.