1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TW2, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW2

TW2 TS Member

i hear from a whole lot of sources that a used citori makes an ideal O/U skeet gun for my budget

i mounted one last night though and the cheek was way too high, almost like the

interchangable cheek for my mossberg 500 with the slug barrel and scope

is that normal? or was it an oddball stock?

it appeared to be a very well made shotgun though

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They are very well made and yes with the right chokes it would make a good skeet gun. Sounds like to me the stock was not right for you. It might have a MC trap stock on it and you should probably find a different stock or a different Citori with a skeet stock---Matt

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If you are handi and have a liitle skill, Wenig makes some decent semi inletted stocks for most popular shot guns. A standard grade walnut stock should not run you to much $$. I have had little luck finding Used factory stocks for citori

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I usually find the Citori stock just a tad bit low. Either way, it is easily solved by adding an adjustable comb.

5. TW2

TW2 TS Member

sarge-

i have a mossberg 500 now

i did not want an auto-loader because i don't want a shell in the chamber without me having put it there

just want to pick out my "next gun" which will probably be a decent used O/U and am researching my options

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

You probably mounted a trap stock which is higher than the normal field gun stock. I don't shoot skeet so I'm not aware what they use for close crossing birds. Post-2

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Did you check some of the newer guns with parallel combs: The Browning XS Skeet, the Beretta (I know you don't care for) autos with parallel comb? Sweet..fit most nicely, don't tend to rap you in cheekbone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.