1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori XT trap problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by charmacg, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charmacg

charmacg TS Member

My citori xt trap does not always fire. I have to break it open and try
    it again.

Charlie

2. Troutslayer

Troutslayer TS Member

Its one of two things. 1. Worn out firing pins 2. are you opening the gun completly to recock it. Thats the problems I have with mine.

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

top barrel or lower barrel? reloads new shells?light hits on primer or no hit on primer???

4. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

could just be dirty. try removing the firing pins and cleaning the pins and bores very carefully. you may also want to polish your firing pins so they slide more easily in their bores. with these guns as time goes on and the hammer faces get a little worn where they strike the pins you can get light hits. another thing to consider is the hammer springs themselves could be a little tired. im pretty sure you can find a source for heavier hammer springs as well. Hope this helps.
    Jimmy

5. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

if the aforementioned doesnt work try the browning replacement longer bottom firing pin part number B1334157
    Jimmy

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Jimmy has the hot part no for the lower firing pin. Also, use the Wolff Extra power mainspring, no.30217. Use this spring for the right, or lower hammer. Save the other one, they come in packs of two, for a later service.

Make sure the firing pin channel is clean and free of burrs.

7. sakoboomer

sakoboomer TS Member

I have a simaliar problem with mine in that the trigger pulls VERY hard or not at all. You have to open the gun and try again.

Very fustrating.

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

sakoboomer - you need a gunsmith - if you haven't taken the buttstock off or haven't looked at a schematic of your gun you really need to take it to someone who understands how the gun works. I will tell you the gun should not do this.

9. Frye

Frye TS Member

Give it to a competent smith.. my older XT mis fired on occassion. My smithy took the gun from me after he noticed a mis fire. Disappeared with it in his trailer for 20 minutes and whatever he did worked.. The gun hasn't missed a beat since. It'll fire anything I put in there.... even mis fired shells from a Perazzi....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori xl trap problems