1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori XT release trigger information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Southpaw Sam, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Are there any Citori shooters on our forum shooting release triggers, and if so, who did your trigger work? Also other RT shooters input appreciated too.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Spears did the double releases on both my Citoris. One is an XT and the other is a 525 Sporting Clays. No problems whatsoever.

Easystreet

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Having shot a Spears equipped Browning, I highly advise them.

4. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

Thanks for the Spears information. Anyone have another release they can recommend?

5. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi southpaw, i can install releases in your browning. single release is on sale for $200.00 delivered to the lower 48 states, double release is $400.00 delivered to the lower 48 states.

<a href="http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/jd28hd/?action=view&current=browningxtreleasepull001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    right side.

thanks doug hubbart (573)286-9905 jd28hd@aol.com

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

any comments on doug hubbart's work???? good or bad??? motordoc maybe pm them to me

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

I've seen Dougs work and it's first class, his release triggers are second to none absolute beauties.

8. Easystreet

Doug,

Nice looking work. I'm trying to remember whether the Spears releases have that small plate under the release hook like yours, and I'm too lazy to pull the stock off one of my Citoris to find out. Do you happen to know if Spears uses a similar plate?

Another question comparing your work to Spears. Do you have to remove about the same amount of wood (as Spears) to accomodate the release parts or do you have to remove a little more?

Thanks,

Easystreet

9. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi easy street, if i recall correctly spears taps the frame and screws the hook directly to the framd without the mounting plate i use, ( bruce bowens design).
    i might take just a little more wood out than spears does. it is very simular. doug

10. Easystreet

Doug,

Thanks. I couldn't recall seeing that mounting plate on the Spears work I've had done, but I've been known to forget things before. LOL.

Glad to know that you are doing double releases on Citoris for $400 shipped. That saves about $100 (last time I checked) compared to Spears and I'm always looking for ways to save money and still get quality work done. I'll keep you in mind the next time I have need for some release trigger work.

Easystreet

11. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Dean at Skeet's Gun Shop in Okla. put his double release in my Ultra XS last July @ $390. His work is very good looking and he inlets the frame a little to accomodate the hook mounting plates and reduce wood removal. Doug Hubbard's version shown above looks pretty nice as well.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori release trigger

citori xt trap parts
doug hubbard release trigger