1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori XT POI question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lel4866, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lel4866

lel4866 Member

I am a relatively new shooter. I was with another new shooter, using his 12 ga Citori XT. When we test aimed it on a skeet field from Station 3 to the top of the low house, using a Sightmark Boresight laser, the top barrel was right on when the beads were lined up, but the bottom barrel was 6 inches low and 6 inches to the right.

Does this make sense to you all? Or does something need to be adjusted?

2. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Really can't use a lazer sighter for shotguns, I guess it will give you a general idea of where the pattern will hit. However in my opinion those things are very temperemental for boresight a large bore gun. If they are even slightly off-center you will get crazy results. I suggest shooting it on paper. On the XT you should basically have the same POI for both barrels.

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Well, I have an XT that seems to shoot low. XT's and to my knowledge, all other trap guns should shoot high. Mine doesn't even come close. I have to cover a straight going away bird and lead through it. I don't know what I've done until I lift my head and look. Not the case with my Perazzi. I've got the XT boxed up and am sending her to have an adjustable comb on it. If that doesn't work you'll see it in the for sale section here. I was shooting with a guy the other day and his BT-99 seemed to shoot low as well. When he covered the bird all was well. I don't know what to say anymore.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Check your POI on paper with live rounds.

Remember, your eye is the rear sight on a shotgun.

The height of your cheekbones determines POI on the shotgun. Being an American Indian with very high cheekbones, even my Skeet gun shoots about 70/30. XT's routinely shoot 100% high for me. I prefer these POI's for my tournament shotguns.

5. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Patterned my XT last week. It shoots approximately 90/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.