1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori xt 32" upgrades

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smitty82, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Hello everyone I'm new to shooting this year,
    And I just bought a citori xt. Really like the gun.
    It fits well and I picked up three birds shooting it.
    It put me in the 23 average. I don't really need upgrades,
    It is just something I think would be fun and if I am going to spend money
    why not on shooting.
    Anyways please post ideas for upgrades and pics if you got them.
    Thanks Nick A.

2. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Sorry I should mention it has a adjustable comb, adjustable but plate, and extended choke tubes.
    Thanks again Nick A.

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

What more do you need or want?

Just shoot it.....

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

Spend the $$$ on shells and practice, practice, practice.

5. Bang Bang

Bang Bang Member

Citori xt 32

Kick Eez Recoil Pad, the stock pads are terrible.

6. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Like I said I don't need them.
    I understand the only way to get better is to practice.
    I just thought it would be neat to see what others have done.

Thanks bang bang I think that will be the first thing I do.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

They are great guns and it sounds like yours is just where it needs to be...other than guys going with hi dollar custom wood or adding adjustable hi ribs like Moneymakers, theres not much else..finding a top single to add to it would be a nice addition if you can pick one up

8. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Thanks I was wondering about rib options.
    Also I have heard the adj comb hardware is not very good.
    Any thoughts on replacing it with something better if there is any.
    I have already had it come loose once so now I just check it every time I shoot.

Thanks again Nick A.

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Citori xt 32

Port it!

10. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

It's the Indian, not the arrow. Get some instruction, lessons, books, DVDs, etc. Your gun is already up the task. Mark

11. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Mark did you read my previous post. Because if you did you wouldn't have wasted your time and mine.

12. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

OK, You should add a higher rib, barrel stickers, titanium extended chokes, a PFS stock with a custom wood comb. Get all the Browning clothing and hat, don't forget the towel and get lots of patches and pins to put on your vest. Don't worry about practice or lessons, they are just a waste of time, as it seems my advice was. Mark

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Citori xt 32

WOW......that will get the party started

14. sporting20gauge

sporting20gauge Banned User Banned

Citori xt 32

Smitty82. Contact Stephen. 402-208-8080. HE CAN SOLVE THE ADJUSTABLE COMB FROM MOVING. ALSO KEEPING. YOUR ORIGINAL. HARD WARE. ALSO. OTHER IDEALS HELP YOU TO YOUR 25 ROCKS

15. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

No were did I say that I don't practice and I think these upgrades would make me shoot better. I practice as much as I can and read and watch tips on shooting. Like I said I thought it would be neat to see what people have done with these guns. If you are just going to talk smack over the Internet keep it to yourself telephone tuff guy.

Plus some things can help fine tune when I get to that point I am not even there yet I just wanted an idea for when I do. I fall trees for a living and you can do a great job with a stock saw. But you can get more on the ground with a hopped up one but it won't help if you don't have the skill. I am just getting ideas for when I have the skill.

So thanks again to those that understand what I am going for.

As for you mark I don't think you understand what I am thinking but that's how it goes on here you your not face to face having a conversation and it is hard to understand some people's point.

Nick A.

16. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Citori xt 32

I like your idea of upgrades on the Browning Citori XT.

In other hobbies and sports the participants routinely do things to show pride in their choice of equipment and accessories.

I have the Browning Citori XT. The first enhancements I made were the Browning Midas grade chokes. I did not expect improved performance but I like the gold-colored band and I did like the choke label being outside where I could see it. I also purchased a complete set of chokes in all available sizes as well as had some custom sizes made, e.g., super extra full (0.050" constriction).

I also got a left-hand Browning trap shooting vest with its recoil pad insert.

In addition to the Browning, I have other brands of trap guns too and am proud of them likewise.

17. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Thanks hammer1 that's what I was going for I actually just picked up some Midas tubes. Have not got the chance to try them out but I do like the look and ease of them.

18. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Citori xt 32

You have seen the large brand logo banners attached to the barrels and stocks of the Perazzi and Krieghoff shotguns.

I used the same concept with my name and have added that to the barrels of all my shotguns. In finer print, it has my cell phone number on it too.

At both local ranges and at tournaments, have observed a number of times someone accidently walking away with the wrong gun. No crime intended. Just mistaken gun identity.

The personal label has so far eliminated that with respect to my guns.

I have actually received a phone call when I had inadvertently left my gun at the range.

19. sporting20gauge

sporting20gauge Banned User Banned

Citori xt 32

Most. People. I meet. Love the sport.willing to help and make it pleasant. Then there people that have that vibe don't look. At my gun attuide.if we don't. Get our youths. To show more. Interest these. Sports. Are going to die. Look at Olympics. Wrestling.is. going to be dropped. How. Many shooters do you know. That have poor.and negative attitude sl. I call. Them barrel. Polishers

20. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

Citori xt 32

Like I said I started this year I am thirty years old and have been around it a little in high school but never shot. Since the first day about six months ago I got my dad and another friend to go. Ask my wife alls I talk about is trap. I searched for a while for the right gun. Found that the citori xt was the one for me. So then I shot one got a 22 I was sold. So then I took sometime to get one now I'm a proud owner and just want to make it my own. I really appreciate your feed back I like the sticker idea I have been to a few big shoots and I can see the importance. And your right sporting20guage most people I talk to are there to help and make it fun. To them it's another person to go shooting with so why make them feel dumb. That's another reason I like it so much. So thanks again guys maybe if you get a chance you could post a pic of those stickers hammer1 if not no biggy thanks Nick A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.