1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori XS Special High Post Rib - Anyone Have One?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Feist Hunter, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

I am interested in this model Citori for a Doubles and Sporting/Skeet gun. Seems I read the forearm on this model is slimmer than the the big Beavertail style on the XT. Can anyone clarify?

2. BamBam2K

BamBam2K Member

I clicked on the link you provided and went a little further and pulled up pics of the XS Special side by side with the XS Skeet that does have the full beaver tail forearm (I know this because I have an XS Skeet). The Special does look like it has a little bit different forearm. I can't tell you it's more narrow, but looks like it is.
    What I can tell you is that my Skeet model is one of sweetest shooting shotguns I've ever owned. I'm on my second one. I shoot mostly sporting clays and I love the handling and balance of this gun. I personally like the beefy feel of the full beavertail forearm.

3. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

You have PM. DGG

4. Loumish

Loumish Member

I am shooting the XS Ultra and it has the same exact stock system as the XT. I have 30" bbls and I absolutley LOVE it. I do not have the High rib, but I also prefer to have a flat shooting gun. If you have any other questions, pelase feel free to ask.

Louis

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Loumish, I have the same gun as you and I solidly enjoy shooting it. I happened upon it about 10 years ago new in the box. Slender forearm as you say. And I love it......

6. Loumish

Loumish Member

Yes it is amazing, but I wanted to make it clear for MGM that it has the beaver tail fore grip and NOT the slim sporting grip as asked about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.