1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori vs Superposed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murphy, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

Please explain the difference between a Citori and a Superposed, they look very similar. I think one is made in Japan and one is made in Belgium.In similar condition which one is worth more etc. Thanks

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If I were a collector and I'm not I would have the Belgium Superposed but as a shooter I would take the Citori. The rib on a Citori won't get loose and the second barrel won't misfire because of the steep angle of the firing pins. I believe the Citori has improvements over the Superposed but there are many people who believe the opposite.

3. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

As a shooter the Citori is hard to beat as far as price/performance. I have an XT with 50K + rounds through it and never had a problem.

The Superposed is great but they are getting up in age but if it is well maintained or a closet queen they are awesome especially with some nice engraving.

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

Back during the first 5-10 years the Citoris came on the market, I encountered maybe a handful that had intermittant trigger problems, not firing the second barrel. I've stayed away from them since and stuck with the Belgian guns. I dunno, I have to assume Browning has addressed the Citoris issues since then.

I've never been a huge fan of the Superposed, but I look at the prices for the Belgian guns right now and have to think they are one of the best values out there, even if you throw in some rebuild or refinish costs.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

New technology in the Citori makes it the choice if shooting is the primary objective.

At least you can take the forend off.

I like the superposed, but I also like 30's era cars. I drive a 2000 era car.

HM

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Oh come on HM, you can take the forend off a superposed!

Just takes proper tools,

The proper schematic,

Time,

3 hands,

12 fingers and 3 thumbs,

Did I mention time?

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If you are a shooter you will probably like the Citori better. If you like workmanship the Superposed is probably better.

I always thought the Belgian guns shot hard, but that's me.

A friend of mine had new Diana and Midas grades with super wood.

A thing of beauty is hard to beat.

Regards....Gerald

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

They never put saltwood on a Citori

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've been shooting a Superposed ST-100 for 32 years. I like it's balance better than a Citori and the fact it has mechanical triggers. To me they feel very different from each other. The Winchester 101 was closer to a Superposed than the Citori.

Ron Burr

10. Crunch

Crunch Member

The Superposed was a hand fitted gun while the Citori is machine made. Both are extremely durable. The big difference is in the barrels and how they are balanced. The Superposed has lightweight balanced barrels while the Citori is front heavy. The newer Citori's may have improved on this. Bruce Buck, from Shotgun Report, used to say the Citori's handled like a pig on a shovel.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Crunch, Bruce also said that about K-80's

12. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Bruce was right about both guns. Not many guns can compare to the tight chokes of a Superposed. But what do I know about a tight choked gun.

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

FWIW: I've been shooting a Superposed since the day I bought it new 42 years ago. Like the old Timex line "takes a licking & keeps on ticking."

Eric

14. ljutic73

I picked up a Citori Gold Clays 32" a couple of years ago and couldn't believe what a club it was. Shooting doubles with that after 32 years with a superposed would be a huge learning curve. You really can't compare the 2 guns. An ST-100 with 34" bbls. would still handle better than that Citori IMHO.

Ron Burr

15. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I hunt with a Superposed and have for over 30 years. I can't even being to think about using anything else in the field.

But my trap gun is a Citori XT.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Triggers on both the inertia and mechanical triggered Belgium guns are better than the Jap guns.

17. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I second the ST-100, mechanical triggers, adjustable rib, what's not to like. No problem with the rib popping off this one.

18. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I love all my Pigeon Grade Superposed shotguns! They just swing and look great. Keep the bottom firing pin system maintained.....and they will give you dependable service.

19. ljutic73

ou.3200...I actually had the rib fall off mine. The roll pin at the rear that secures it had work hardened and cracked. I replaced the pin at my local auto parts store for $.09. Cheapest Superposed fix ever! And I just got a new locking block installed. Tight as new now after about 40K rounds through it.

Ron Burr

20. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

If you don't know what you want, buy a Citori as they are well worth the money. Hard to beat. That being said, after owning a bunch of Brownings over many years, I still own a 26 1/2 inch Supperposed Skeet and a 32 inch Broadway Trap. I rarely shoot either one, but they are not for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori vs superposed

browning superposed vs citori

citori salt wood
citori vs superposed
difference between browning superposed and citori
difference between superposed and citori
superposed browning citori
superposed vs citori