1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Vs Cynergy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nborg, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nborg

Nborg TS Member

I really like both of these shotguns and am looking into getting one of the two.

Looking into a
    12ga sporting cynergy 32"
    or A 12GA 725 SPORTING

My biggest question is which of these is a better built gun?
    I know browning builds excellent guns im just wondering if there are any issues with the new cynergys, vs the tried and true citoris.

2. Nborg

Nborg TS Member

Release triggers are the very least of my concern I do not like them nor do i wish to shoot with them.

Im more concerned of function of the two. I do like the smaller reciever and looks of the cynergy a bit more the 725, but I have heard of some trigger issues with the cynergy and also heard the newer production runs of these have this issue fixed.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Shoot them both if you can, and buy the one that you like best.

I have owned and enjoyed them both. They both have advantages with few, if any disadvantages.

The Cynergy might be a little more lively in the hand. The 725 might be a better pointer. Only YOU can make that decision. :^)

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I remember reading that there were no aftermarket butt pads for the Cynergy if you should decide to change it.

Keller

5. Nborg

Nborg TS Member

If i were to get the cyenergy i would most likely get the clasic so that if i wanted to put an adjustable pad I could. hard thing for me as far as shooting. I will ask around today at my club if anyone has a cynergy they can bring out so i can run a few rounds throuh one.

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

With everything in your mind equal, go with the Citori. Much better resale. Much better triggers and much better gun. I would look for Browning to do away with the Cynergy at some point and time. It certainly hasn't gone over quite as well as they thought it would.

7. flasch192

flasch192 Member

I've been seeing alot of cynergys in the last year , I personally shoot a cynergy my farther shoots a xt , can't go wrong with either , resale on either is not great , so it don't really matter in my eyes

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Here we go with the "low resale, lousy triggers, no releases available" stuff again. The only reason that people sell their guns at a low price, is that they don't wait for a better offer, or they have bought into the "low resale" myth. If you look around, the Cynergys for sale run the gamut from good to bad, same as Citoris. The better ones sell for more, the worn ones for less. If you are buying a gun to shoot, resale shouldn't matter. If you are buying a gun to sell, you are on a path to bankruptcy, whichever you choose.

The triggers were, perhaps, not as good as they might have been in the early runs, but any problems that there may have been were fixed long ago. As for releases, Gordy Keller in Duncan, British Columbia, has perfected a release for the Cynergy. There are actually some TS.com'ers in the States who have got him to install releases for them.

If Leo, or Harlan, or Kay, or Nora started shooting a Cynergy, and winning as they usually do, we wouldn't hear all the detrimental comments being made by people who have never owned or even shot them. The unusual design of the sporting models put off a lot of people, initially, and those looks, combined with a perhaps less than perfect trigger, contributed to the lack of acceptance by some in the shotgun community. If a big dog doesn't shoot it, the closed minds of the shooting community probably won't like it.

Try them both, and buy the one which feels the best to you, and allows you to break the most birds. Good luck with whichever you choose.

9. philk

philk Member

All the citori combos (Xt`s) that I`ve seen seem to be selling for about the same money the Cynergy`s sell for, pretty much even there. Don`t like the trigger , have a gunsmith do a trigger job on it, they respond to stoneing the same as any other gun.

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I say buy the Citori. Proven design with very few problems. Generally
    easy to resell. Not so with the Cynergy. Very polorizing as to the
    style. Hard to resell unless you take a sizeable loss.

11. missemucho

missemucho Member

I own an XT and there's a reason why the "low resale,lousy triggers...etc" remarks keep being made; they're a fact of life if you buy the Cynergy. If you have one and like it, more power to you but the plain fact is they aren't an attractive gun. Rightly or wrongly, good looking sells cars, guns, ... fill in the blanks. I'm confident that in 10 years Browning will still be selling a variant of the Citori; not so sure about the Cynergy.

Like the SKB, probably a good gun to buy used!

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori 725 vs cynergy

browning citori vs cynergy

browning cynergy problems
browning cynergy vs 725

browning cynergy vs citori

citori 725 vs cynergy

citori vs cynergy

cynergy vs citori