1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Citori Trigger Slack

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

My Citori and others I have handled all have trigger slack. Is this slack needed for the inertia trigger to operate or can it be eliminated? Thanks.

2. pufftarget

pufftarget Member

It can be minimized but must have some for the inertia block mechanism to slide under the sears. Also, the way the triggers are configured the clearance decreases w/ wear and can eventually cause the trigger not to engage and clearance will have to be put back in.

Chuck

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

If you take the stock off and look at the trigger slack and where it is at, take a small flat Diamond File and take some mat'l off a little at a time to get it to a minimum, thats all, it will have to be increased after shooting a few thousand rounds so inertia block will slide under the sears.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

<blockquote><I>"...take a small flat Diamond File and take some mat'l off a little at a time..."</I></blockquote>The only people who should be attacking trigger assemblies with files are those who have been specially trained and are experienced at doing so.

Suggesting otherwise is foolish and irresponsible!

Keller

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

There is nothing to "file" to take the slack out of a Citori trigger. You'd actually have to ADD material to either the sears or the inertia block to take the slack out.

6. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I have a Ljutic Pro-3 that has absolutely no slack (not possible to have slack with this trigger design). Recently I purchased a very nice Citori XT. Some slack but not a lot. Just enough to cause me to think about it after shooting the Ljutic. Needless to say I would rather put ALL my concentration into breaking the bird instead of thinking about the trigger.

Doug Braker, GunDr on this site, has done a trigger job for me on an older Citori. Excellent workmanship at very reasonable price.

Marc

7. pufftarget

pufftarget Member

Skeetman is right, material must be added to take up the slack. And I could be wrong but the way I see a Perazzi trigger there is some minimal slack to allow the inertia block mechanism to engage the sears but you pay for the minimum takeup in price over a Citori.

Chuck

8. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Member

send it to Pylinski gunsmith , its worth every dime to get the slack out of trigger fixed

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Pylinski did the triggers on 2 of my XTs... took them from 6+ lbs to 3 lbs... they break like snapping a glass rod!

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.