1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Trap-What can I add for weight?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by powderburn, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi All,
    I have a Citori that I bought back in 1994 and love it. It fits me, and has always been comfy to shoot. I cant afford another gun, nor do I need another gun, but I like shooting it for singles, but when back in handicap, it doesnt swing right. (too fast) I always shoot bottom barrel for recoil comfort, but was wondering if there is anything I can add to the inside of the top barrel for more of an undersingle feel, and to slow the swing down a bit? Any ideas?
    Thanks for suggestions!
    -Patrick

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Buy a clamp-on weight to attach to the under barrel. There's also a guy who posts on here that makes and sells brass weights that clamp to the outside of the web between the two barrels.

Myself, I'd suggest working at improving your eye and gun control rather than trying to cure your situation by making the gun heavier and harder to move (and harder to stop).

MK

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

While you can buy the clamp on weights spoke of above, I always preferred led tape. The tape method allows one to perfect exactly what they desire.

Whiz White (jim White) who posts on here has had this tape for sale in the past. If any recommend using that which is sold for golf clubs at pro shops, dismiss idea as its way to expensive for what your apt to need.

4. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

There is something that goes into one of the barrels (your choice) almost like an extended shell that is filled, I think, with mercury, and adds about 3/4 of a pound to the weight of the gun. There are also weights that go into the stockbolt hole that also can add almost a pound to the gun.

5. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

There is something that goes into one of the barrels (your choice) almost like an extended shell that is filled, I think, with mercury, and adds about 3/4 of a pound to the weight of the gun. There are also weights that go into the stockbolt hole that also can add almost a pound to the gun.

6. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

7. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

you have to be carefull when adding weight to a shotgun cause you change the balance point of the gun. If you add weight to the front the back may be to lite and vice versa. It's a time consuming process. It took me 4 months to add 8 oz of weight to my BT-99 so that it would swing properly. Placing the weight on the barrel or in the butt of the gun is not as simple as it sounds.

George Ware

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Lead tape -- <I>Midway USA</I> -- 100" weighs an ounce

Weights between the barrels -- <I>TS.comer</I> -- weighs about 2.5 oz.

Briley barrel clamp-on weight -- <I>Briley.com</I> -- 4 oz. only

Graco barrel weight set -- <I>Graco weight kit</I> -- 4, 6 and 8 oz.

Weight behind the fore stock will make the gun heavier and reduce recoil but won't necessarily make it slower swinging. The closer it is to you, the less effect it has on swing speed.

MK

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

go for the lead tape. Get about 3 of those MIdway rolls. I use tennis raquet tape I buy from the sports authority in Minn,Mn. Burnsville to be exact you can see it on this picture. OIl the bbl in moderation then wipe it off lightly, and afix the tape. better swing characteristics than the bauble weight.
    mia_2008_0303176.jpg

mia_2008_03034.jpg

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This is a recoil reducer but fits in the barrel as you want. It would add .75 lb to the gun and reduce some recoil. Link to buy at Gamaliel's is above. Just an idea anyway.---Matt
    grntitan_2009_2503159.jpg

11. powderburn

powderburn Member

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm going to try the last idea from Gamaliel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.