1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori trap value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BPSR, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPSR

BPSR Member

Anybody know what a regular Citori trap is worth. This gun has a somewhat high rib, fixed chokes f/m with 30" barrels, it has a monte carlo stock. Has not been shot a whole lot by the looks of it, seems to be in probably 95% shape or better. The guy is asking $1k for it with the factory Browning hard case, does that seem reasonable?

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

3. WGB

WGB Member

The year makes a difference.

Pre Type-1, Type-1, type-2, type-3? Parts are unavailable for some early model Citori's.

If it's a late one the price seems reasonable.

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

look www.gunbroker.com look up browning citori there are none on there even close to 1000. the hard case is probably worth 100 to 125 bucks dwain

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

10 pages of Citoris? Unreal.

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

if you have the serial #, i can tell you the year it was made.

7. BPSR

BPSR Member

The serial number is: 01135PX143
    Does not having the interchangeable chokes hurt it's value? I guess what I'm thinking is if I buy it and it doesn't work for me as well as I hope could I expect to get most/all of my money back?

8. BPSR

BPSR Member

By the way, thank you guys for your input, I do appreciate it.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

1983 model. That is overpriced.

10. BPSR

BPSR Member

Shooting coach,
    Why do you think it's overpriced? Is there a "book value" on this gun somewhere? I've been looking for a while at o/u's, don't see very many in this price range. Is it that you don't care for Brownings. I don't mean to sound like I've already made up my mind, just curious about your overpriced opinion. Is there another gun out there comparable for the same money?

11. WGB

WGB Member

A 1983 would make it a late type, that's good. Parts are available (check with MGW) for repair. If it was REEEAAAL clean it's hard to find a trap model in anything for that kind of money. Look for pits/rust in the bore starting after the chamber area. The fixed chokes make it a little less valuable.
    Good luck.

12. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

shooting coach is right. it is a 1983 model. considering these guns last forever, it's a pretty good buy.have a 1977 model, it still works great and no problems mechanically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori pretype1 repair

citori trap value