1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

citori trap value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ddhotbot, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddhotbot

ddhotbot TS Member

what are the older citori trap guns with fixed choke and 30" barrels going for in 95% cond? it has a high comb stock. i can buy it for $700, is this a good deal? thanks don

2. 3357

3357 Member

Check the hammer springs, if they are flat springs it is a "type 1" or "pre type 1" and replacement springs are essentially unavailable. Go from there as to what it is worth to you.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

A Citori Trap in any configuration, or age in 95% condition is a good deal at $700. Jon

4. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Ditto what Stl Flyn said....... Citori's are very reliable, and good shooting guns. $700.00 for a 95% gun is a good deal. I own 2 Citori Trap combo units and both will smoke targets if you point them in the right direction. If you are in the market for a Trap gun GO FOR IT you will not regret it!!!!!!!

Mark Williams

5. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I recently paid $800 for one that isn't near 95%, and I don't regret a penny of it. Martinpicker

6. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Nice guns, right price, but mine kicks like a mule.

7. ddhotbot

ddhotbot TS Member

well i bought it, nice gun pretty heavy.i think it is a 1973 model ,it has the wide rib.is that what they call a broadway rib? i just hope nothing breaks because i am hearing it could be hard to find parts for it. i will let you know how it shoots this weekend. thanks don

8. ddhotbot

ddhotbot TS Member

the serial number under the tang is 01217rtj43 . what can you tell me by this number. thanks for the help. don

9. 3357

3357 Member

use snap caps everytime you are done shooting to protect the springs.

10. twostraight

twostraight Member

RT is 1976. j43 is citori trap Don't worry about parts. Midwest gun or ARts in Missouri will fix you right up

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/index.asp

11. ddhotbot

ddhotbot TS Member

thanks guys, i live in st louis and i know of midwest and browning in arnold. both have excellent service. i was worried that parts werent avaiable any longer,good to hear they are. thanks again don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.