1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Trap Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAF1680, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAF1680

JAF1680 TS Member

Can you (fairly easily) shorten the L.O.P. on a XT with an adjustable comb or would the hardware interfere with the process?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You can shorten it up to the point where any further shortening WOULD interfere. I think that point is barely, like 1/4", behind the comb cut anyway. If I remember correctly there is still enough wood to screw a pad to and the adjustment bolt is near flush with a cut made at that point.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you need to shorten the stock significantly (that's not a DIY project anyway), have the stocksmith remove the unreliable OEM hardware and install one of the available adjustment kits that replace the Browning gear. You get better hardware and the stock length you want.

MK

4. pjh

pjh Member

If you need to shorten the stock, I have taken the rod and cut it down then put a slot in the end for a straight blade screwdriver. it works great Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.