1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori. trap or sporting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by James.c, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James.c

James.c Member

could someone please advise whether this is a trap model or a sporting model and why?

thanks James.C
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Actually looks like a skeet gun. Trap guns have the same rib, but barrels are longer and stock is higher. Sporting guns have the lower rib and a stock with drop. Skeet guns have a more parallel comb and the high rib. I know there are exceptions to what I just typed but based on the age of the gun, I think it's accurate for the time period. That gun can be used for anything as long as it fits you.
    Jimmy

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

James, I too agree that it looks like a skeet model as well. No Monte Carlo type stock so looks like trap is out, and brownings sporting clay guns all seem to have a Schnabel type forearm. Skeet is all that's left!!! As said above with the Adj. comb and adj. butt plate you can use this gun for any one or all three games as long as it has choke tubes in the barrels. If barrels are fixed choked they will tell you what the gun was made for as well. All Browning I have ever shot shoot a 60/40 POI anyway, all that changes are some small differences in the stock, which don't make any difference with a adj. comb stock. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Thanks, I forgot to mention the schnabel foreend on sporting guns.
    Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.