1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Trap - how high they shoot ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluskyshooter, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Hi,
    Thinking of purchasing an older Citori Trap gun - pre XT model. Anyone have shooting experience with this gun. If so, what is your impression of how high they shoot (on average). Flat, med, or high shooting. I am looking to get a rather flat shooting O/U for a versatile clays gun.
    Thanks !

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I have a 78 model that shoots about 60/40 for me

Bob

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

60/40 or maybe a bit higher. They are fine guns!!

4. SCL

SCL Member

Mine shoots about 60/40. Flatter than what I originally thought it should but I sure do like it!

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

My '83 shot 60/40±... until I fixed it.

MK

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Thanks guys - 60/40 sounds like a number that would lend this gun to be fairly versatile for SC, 5 stand, etc. How about this question - what is the grip like on the year 78-80's (pre-XT) trap Citoris ? Reason I ask is, I just got a '79 BT-99 and one of the reasons why I like it so much .. is how the grip feels. Its kinda on the slim side (relatively speaking) ... like an 1100 or 11-87 .. and I like that. I am curious if a trap Citori around the same vintage '79-'80 (give or take) .... would have a similar feel in the grip as the '79 BT-99 ? Thanks again.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The grip lacks a palm swell.

It's also way too long and straight for my tastes. The curl starts too far back from the trigger and my size 10 hand feels like it's gripping an English-style stock with no pistol at all. I end up pulling UP on the trigger instead of BACK and it's hard on my wrist. Your preferences, of course, may be different.
    <center>1980s Citori
    [​IMG]

Late Model XT
    [​IMG]
    </center

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.