1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Trap Barrels Point of Impact

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DHS, Aug 3, 2013.

1. DHS

DHS Member

I shot a friends Citori XT Trap 32' Over and Under. Point of Impact on the bottom barrel is about 55/45 however the top barrel is 95/5. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed?

2. DHS

DHS Member

I shot a friends Citori XT Trap 32' Over and Under. Point of Impact on the bottom barrel is about 55/45 however the top barrel is 95/5. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed?

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a common problem as my Citori Trap had the same POI in both barrels. He could try different choke tubes. I had a DB-81 with a barrel regulation problem and I got rid of it to the store that sold it to me.

4. mike b.

mike b. Member

Mine are the reverse. Lower is the higher shooter.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think many of us would like to know exactly by what method you determined that odd top-barrel POI. In other words, how sure are you?

Neil

6. paul7177

paul7177 Member

My Citori has both barrels with the same POI.

7. DHS

DHS Member

Per the question about how this was done, patterns were shot from a rest at 16 yards, two from each barrel, same person shooting. Both patterns from each barrel were the same each time. Not totally scientific, but true indication in my opinion.

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You say the patterns were shot from 16 yards away from the pattern board (using a rest). Could you tell us how high in inches the center of the small pattern was above the point of aim and also the diameter of the pattern at 16 yards. Were the choke tubes in both the Top and Bottom barrel of the same constriction.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

It may simply be the tubes. That's not uncommon. Play with a few different ones. Wouldn't matter the construction as your looking to make sure its the barrels.

Personally I'd be happy with top barrel but probably sell it because of bottom if its truly threaded that way.

It can be corrected.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks for the details, DHS. It sounds to me like a reasonable test. It can be corrected by selling it, in my opinion.

What you are talking about is the barrels shooting about a foot apart, after all. There are lots of guns which will be way easier to shoot than that one.

Neil

11. DHS

DHS Member

That was my thought also. I may switch the choke tubes and try it again, but I do not feel that would work.

12. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

A friend of mine had an old citori trap o/u with fixed chokes and shot it quiet well on trap doubles for years. I borrowed it one shoot and had to float the top bbl (second bird) about a foot or so to break. Point is we tend to get used to how a gun shoots if we shoot it long enough. Me, I would make someone a deal. jim w.

13. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I've heard that Briley may be able to make a choke to adjust POI. Bob

Search tags for this page

browning citoei trap top or bottom barrell

browning citori xt trap point of impact

derringer second barrel point of impact

point of impact for citori

what is the point of impact on a browning citori xt trap

xt trap point of impact