Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Citori Stock Removal Advice Sought

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  grntitan 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I just got what I thought was a great deal on a 1981 30" trap Citori. But, I went to remove the stock this evening ... and found the remnant of a "sheared off" screwdriver tip ... stuck in the head of the stock bolt ! Now what ? I really want to remove the stock to re-finish it. I cant see any option but to try and mill the head of the bolt off. I have access to a Bridgeport at work ... but I cant picture an end mill long enough to work. Has anyone ever attempted this ? Any alternative ideas ?
Thanks, Brian

#4 ·
If it was a typical wedge shaped screwdriver or even a hollow ground it shouldn't take much movement of it to get it to lose it's grip on the bolt head. See if you can get a long narrow screwdriver down in there. Tape the shank several layers deep around that part that will bear against the stock hole. I would think with a bit of judicious pressure back and forth on the two sides - unless it is broken off virtually flush - some back and forth pressure on it should work it free. If it is broken off flush try to get that narrow tip started in one side of the slot and patiently tap-tap-tap on the shank until it lets go. Also if one side of the break sits higher than the other you might be able to tap down and angled on the high side and get the low side to lever up out of the slot.

My BT stock bolt is that tight also and I haven't had it off for fear of doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.