1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Special Trap=XT?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by new loader, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

Is the Special Trap model the same as the XT, other than cosmetics? Will one of the new unsingle barrels fit? There are so many Citori models, I can't keep up.

2. porky

porky TS Member

The Special Trap replaced the Citori Plus. The Citori Plus had a spring loaded recoil system as well as the pad having the ability to be shortened or lengthened. The Plus also had a movable comb that raised or lowered as well as sliding toward or away from the shooter. The Plus has Invector chokes, backboring to .745 and lengthening of the forcing combs. The Plus had an adjustable rib on the barrel. I have heard it said that the gun cost too much to manufacture. Anyway, then the Special trap was made. Why that was discontinued, I do not know, but then came another model that had patent infringement problems on the name so the XT came next. Browning barrels do not interchange so, if you are trying this, I would get a really good gunsmith to go over it for you. It is dangerous to try to make things go together that are not made to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.