1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Release Trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Anyone have a release mechanism for a Citori I could try? Would like to shoot one before I buy if possible. Would send security deposit
    until it makes its safe return.

Jeff

2. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Jeff I just sent my xt off to get release triggers my self. I had the opp. at our local club to try a friends. Check at the next shoot who shoots a browning release bet they will let you shoot theres. I have a release for a bt99 and found it takes some smithwork to get installed. Good luck Don

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

The trigger has to be modified. If you have an 1100 you can use that would be a good way to learn. It will be Release/Release which is what you want anyone.

Take care,

Jim

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Problem is I am a LH shooter. I guess I could shoot a fairly neutral RH gun but would reallly like to try it out in my own gun.

Jeff

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can put one in, but it requires some work on the engine room of your gun. An auto can be changed back and forth by swapping the trigger assembly, but not so with a break gun unless it has a removable trigger to start with.

HM

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Halfmile -

What needs to be done in the engine room? If the Citori is anything like a BT-99, you just remove the hook and it's a pull trigger again. I know the citoru has two if everything, but what is different in the mechanics? I know on my Beretta 682 it will require some additional inletting. I would like to try it on a gun I shoot fairly regularly and the Browning was the cheapest option for me right now.

Jeff

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You don't need to try it. Nobody tries a release trigger and doesn't love it.
    Be sure to get a double release.
    The very worse that could happen is that you wouldn't want it, for some reason that I can't imagine, and you could easily sell the gun with the release and not lose anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best release trigger for a citori
browning 725 pro release trigger
browning 725 trap release trigger
browning citori release trigger
browning citori trigger mechanics
browning citori will not release safety
browning release trigger

release triggers for browning shotguns