1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone has experienced this problem and could give some advice as to what is wrong. Recently my brother and I were shooting sporting clays. In 50 rounds his Citori Trap Special failed to fire the top barrel, approximately 6 times. He stated that he could not pull the trigger on the second shot. (Top barrel). However, the last 10 rounds that he shot it worked fine. I told him to take it to a gunsmith as this problem would only get worse. He seems to think that the problem somehow rectified itself. Can't believe that. I think there may be a broken part. Anyway, has anyone experienced this problem? Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

This happened to me too. I found that mine situation was caused by me not fully releasing the trigger after the first shot which caused me to be unable to pulled the trigger on the second shot. At first I was sure that I had a gun malfunction, but it turned out to be poor trigger control.

JMAC

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Make sure you relieve the pressure on the trigger between shots. If you hold the trigger, the inertia trigger will not be allowed to reset, for the second shot.

4. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

My guess is he is trapping the trigger on the first shot. He needs to make sure to release the trigger after the first shot.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

When was the last time it had the stock off and the action cleaned and lubed? Might be time. Mark

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Could also be grit/dirt on the inertia block carrier or dirt in firing pin hole. Citoris are real easy to get the firing pins and firing pin springs out and clean them up. Then you can inspect the inertia block and firing pin holes.

Wayne

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I will take his stock off and clean the receiver. I know nothing about Brownings. My Krieghoff has a stock wrench ; what is needed to remove the stock on the Browning? Thanks again. Ed

8. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

My XT needs a large blade flat screwdriver. If you don't have the "special" one made for the task, use the largest and best one you have, but shine a light down the hole to make sure you engage the bolt head. If you do it by feel only, you may wedge the screwdriver between the bolt and the the side of the stock and risk damaging or even splitting the stock which would really suck. Gino

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I use a 12 inch long screw driver (to include handle). 5/16

May also want to think about replacing the springs and firing pins as long as the stock is off (if he has owned the gun for more then a few years). I use a tool that looks like a flat head screwdriver with a V notched into it for spring installation.

Take photos of each step you take when tearing it down....

10. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

take a look at the link above

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a 4 barrel set and it resets fine, even with the 410. However, it has failed when I did not fully release the trigger.

Me bad, gun good.

HM

12. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

My Browning XT has a 5 MM hex head bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. The wrench might be found under the styrofoam in the original box. If not, your can get an extended 5 MM hex at your local auto parts store.

JMAC

13. willing

willing Member

On the newer models the adjustable comb model uses the hex and the other uses the screwdriver. I got tired of the screwdriver and had a friend braze a nut on the screwhead and now use a socket wrench with no worry of stock splitting.

Bill

14. no powder

no powder Member

releasing the trigger between shots should solve your problem. I experienced the same problem especially when shooting doubles.

15. dougp

dougp TS Member

guys, you could be right on either, it may need a good clesning or the heavy trigger finger , you have to let the trigger go back forward so it can reset to fire the other barrel . Clean you receiver , springs hammers and firing pins up is a good start , called the process of elimination

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

citori 12ga fails to fire 2rd barrel