1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CITORI PLUS-WHO'S SHOOTING ONE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

CITORI PLUS-WHO

Who's shooting a Citori Plus and what do you like / dislike about it ? Is there an issue with the recoil reducer comming loose on a regular basis ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

HIT

2. DKP

DKP TS Member

I shoot one. The only problem I have with it is the rib seams to rattle when you shoot it. Other than that I have had no problems with anything coming loose.

David

3. DougZ

DougZ TS Member

I've been shooting one for the last year or so. The only issue with the recoil system is that the back plug comes unscrewed and you'll hear it rattle. Not a big deal to fix. Just removed the system from the stock put some blue lock-tite on the threads and put it back together. You can also find here on trapshooters a up grade for the recoil system that really works well. I've done and a couple guys in my club have done it. Very simple to do. Finding the springs is more difficult than making the changes. Now that I write this I did have one of the studs on the shell ejectors come out. I understand they are threaded in, but I just took a dowel pin that fit the hole put it in the freezer for a while and put it in the hole and filed to length and has been working fine ever since.
    Enjoy the gun and good shooting.
    Doug

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've shot one for about 15 years now. I'm getting ready to send it to the factory for rebuild. When I shoot the top barrel it may or may not brake open by itself. And, no it is not the top lever springs. It's been a good gun and I shot registered forseveral years too. I switched to a Timney Recoil Reducer many years ago and haven't regretted the move.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm shooting a Citori Plus and I'm destroying clays with it when I'm doing my part. I absolutely love the gun, no complaints. The adjustable comb and stock make the gun a pleasure to shoot, and felt recoil is almost non existent.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

i have 4 and also a combo....love them all

7. james dent

james dent TS Member

i just got a plus and like it but it seems like it is to high of a rib for me i shot it a 250 practice tragets and did not hit that many still trying to figure it out but maybe need a differnt gun

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Don't give up on it James...that gun will shoot anywhere you want it to...but if you are having trouble then you need to do two things,...get somebody expert in tuning and adjustment and go directly to the pattern board...directly..do not pass go ..do not collect $200

9. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

My son shoots a Citori Plus, and loves it! I am curious to know about this fix on the recoi reducer you talk about. It is so stiff it almost seems like it doesn't work unless you push down real hard then it pops like it broke and resets itself when you let go of it! weird... would love to make it smoother!

10. djcuda

djcuda Member

These are great shooting guns.Once you get one set up for you.You will be smokin targets.James Dent do not give up on the gun , you will regret it if you do.
    Dave

11. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Pull-It, you may want to take the recoil plate assembly out of the gun and look at the cross pin that holds it all together. The factory pins were quite soft and would actually wear at a slight angle and wedge in place. This could cause the feel you have. It did on mine. I bought the 99 plus and then the Citori plus for doubles. Traded on a Perazzi combo 2 years (seasons) later. Were good guns for the money.

12. pfofml

pfofml Member

The Citori Plus is awell built piece of equipment. I ran about 75,000 through mine. The only repairs needed were to replace the entire recoil system and to replace the opening/ closing springs.
    Peter Falk III

13. james dent

james dent TS Member

djcuda why are you selling yours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.