1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Citori Plus Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mark V, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark V

Mark V Member

I'd like to remove the plug on the lower half barrel of my top single to install weights. It appears there is an allen screw locking the plug in.

Any info is appreciated.

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Check out the above site and it may show you what you need to do the job.

CHEERS

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just sell me the barrel and I'll be able to shoot it as is

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have a combo. I have done lots of work on balance, and adding weight to my combo. I highly suggest you mark where your combo balances with the O/U. Then add your desired weight to your single. I found out the weight needs to be in front of the tube for the proper balance. It is for that reason I use a clamp on weight. Weighting the single barrel is most likely the best move I made to improve performance.

GS

5. Mark V

Mark V Member

GS, Yes, it's a combo. I was thinking of using one of those chamber insert weights in the tube to further reduce recoil. I have a 14 oz. weight in the stock now. The factory recoil reducer has been removed. Not sure how it would effect the balance, or how it would compare to the o/u barrel in balance and weight. Single is 34", o/u's are 32".

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Hi Ny-trap, Well I have a custom stock on my plus. The reason for weighting my plus was I always thought my single felt a little "whippy" And I thought I shot the O/U better, and it felt better. What I did was to put a metal rod in a vice close the gun with the O/U on, and put the gun on the rod to see where the balance point was. WOW was I suprized. Not even close to the single. So I added weight to the Barrel of the single until I found the same balance point. Since then I have never looked back, and even though I was a solid A shooter at the time, since Then I have been AA the last two years. If you have more questions I would be happy to answer. Shoot me an email, midalake@netzero.com

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.